xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Quick Question..how Do You Install Title Updates To A Jtag Console?  (Read 58 times)

antisniperspy

• Archived User

QUOTE(theguru1 @ Mar 10 2010, 10:01 AM) View Post

quick question..how do you install title updates to a jtag console? i have the files do you copy them to the cache directory them will the game pick it up??

Yes

SiR PoKeY!!!

• Archived User
Quick Question..how Do You Install Title Updates To A Jtag Console?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 04:25:00 PM »

I tried this with red dead redemption and madden 2010 and both gave me an error cant load disc ( loading from 360 HDD)  any ideas?  Also I have searched up and down on a way to update the roster on madden 2010 without live since I have a jtag but still have had no luck.  If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be awesome.

canisay

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 05:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(SiR PoKeY!!! @ Jun 23 2010, 02:25 PM) View Post

I tried this with red dead redemption and madden 2010 and both gave me an error cant load disc ( loading from 360 HDD)  any ideas?  Also I have searched up and down on a way to update the roster on madden 2010 without live since I have a jtag but still have had no luck.  If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be awesome.

I think (not 100% sure) patching games with Xexmenu removes the need for title updates. Anyone got a solid answer? Either that or try deleting the $system_update folder from the games directory

chaggi

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 01:26:00 PM »

kinda along the lines of this thread, I have a questions as well.

There are multiple title updates for games. For example I think madden 11 has like 4 of them. Do you need to add all 4 updates or can you just add the latest one?

xmugen360

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 02:09:00 PM »

title updates depend on ur region so be sure to use the correct title update for ur version of game and region console.  With that said title updates can be a pain at times sometimes title updates build on each other for example title update 2 needs title update 1 files etc....though this is rare...also recently updates are starting to install themselves to the game data folder \content\0000000000000000\

But for me best method is to have jtag on the net and use latest freestyle dash to fetch the needed updates for you.  Then make sure to set the correct updates needed to active hope this helps...This used to be a real pain but fsd made this very easy...I believe you can use xm360 to do this as well...