xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cant Get Samsung Drive To Show Up In Jungleflasher  (Read 27 times)

crowbarbarian

• Archived User
Cant Get Samsung Drive To Show Up In Jungleflasher
« on: January 17, 2010, 01:18:00 AM »

First off hello, glad to be here to the forums. So this is my first time ever doing any sort of mod to anything(other than an xclamp fix that is going on a year now) so bear with me if i seem a tad bit "noobish." I am trying to install the newest iXtreme (1.6.1 i think) to my 360 via jungleflasher but i am not having very much luck I have read a lot of different forums and guides for doing this but so far i haven't been able to figure this out. So far i have downloaded all the software i need and i have connected my drive to my PC. When checking my bios the drive shows up on the list of sata devices yet when i load up jungleflasher the drive is nowhere to be found in the I/O port drop down box under the MTK flash 32 tab. All that I have found in the list is my hard drive and DVD drive for my pc. I did find on one forum a dude that claimed that by getting dos flash and then turning off and on the drive while it tries to set into vendor mode would somehow get it recognized. But i tried that method and again there were no results (albeit maybe i should have waited longer for some sort of conformation that it failed or something as i let it sit for a bit and when nothing happened, i said "screw it" and canceled.)
The drive in question is a Toshiba/Samsung MS25 and it is connected to my motherboard's on-board sata, and the mobo is an Asus M2N-SLI (Don't know if this is relevant or not, some people on other forums had said they've flashed fine with it.) My operating system is Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.
If anybody has any help for me at all it would be much appreciated.