xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 2 Questions About My Liteon  (Read 113 times)

NBorges

• Archived User
2 Questions About My Liteon
« on: March 04, 2009, 12:34:00 PM »

Hello EveryBody....
Ok Let's say the questions....

as my first flashing on Liteon i think i made a mistake... in dos i run the command l-o-erase with my port name, and after that my liteon stop ejecting.... now i've got when question, i made this comand before taking the 3 files Identify, Key... and know my question is since i did not erase the firmware, is still the key on there???

The other question is , how can i manual release tray on this dvdrom... couse this dvdrom do not have that little hole to put the paperclip on it, i know a way to open the tray but i have to take the dvdrom from the case....

But i do not want to take the dvdrom from the case to force to open the tray, since it won't open... anyone can help me???

Best Regards to EveryOne
and waiting for any answer

shtewps

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 01:04:00 PM »

not sure about the first question but as for ejecting the tray, if it is being powered by the xbox just press the little button on the bottom left on the xbox, its the eject.

NBorges

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 12:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(shtewps @ Mar 4 2009, 08:04 PM) View Post

not sure about the first question but as for ejecting the tray, if it is being powered by the xbox just press the little button on the bottom left on the xbox, its the eject.

I want to open the tray without power, so manual eject, and i can't find the button to eject??? anyone??
I want to open the tray but i do not know how.... i'm saying this because cdrom wont eject with power at the moment.....

Proppo

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 01:30:00 PM »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your 360 is now officially an expensive doorstop.  If you didnt retrieve the key prior to erasing there is no way you can recover the key.  So now, the Xbox will ONLY be able to play movies.

To eject it, you have to remove the chassis and use the part on the underside of the drive to release it and eject it.  Allthough, it's useless now without the key.

My best advice, would be to try and break the xbox down and sell it for parts, if your in the UK I'll give you £20 for your liteon drive.

The drive has no firmware, so it wont eject or anything like that.

You have to remove the casing from the drive and use the small plastic lever just below the motor, slide that across and the drive lock will undo, then slide it further and the drive will eject about an inch, then you can pull it out the rest.  Although this won't do you any good now.

NBorges

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 01:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(Proppo @ Mar 4 2009, 08:30 PM) *

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your 360 is now officially an expensive doorstop.  If you didnt retrieve the key prior to erasing there is no way you can recover the key.  So now, the Xbox will ONLY be able to play movies.

To eject it, you have to remove the chassis and use the part on the underside of the drive to release it and eject it.  Allthough, it's useless now without the key.

My best advice, would be to try and break the xbox down and sell it for parts, if your in the UK I'll give you £20 for your liteon drive.

The drive has no firmware, so it wont eject or anything like that.

You have to remove the casing from the drive and use the small plastic lever just below the motor, slide that across and the drive lock will undo, then slide it further and the drive will eject about an inch, then you can pull it out the rest.  Although this won't do you any good now.

Thanks for your help... but i know that in dos we can flash with a new firmware and the cdrom start working again... my only question is if the key is there??? that i know, and one more thing the only way to manual open the tray is open the case... or there's no other way....
??

Proppo

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 02:08:00 PM »

You can flash the drive, but it will still only play movies in that xbox without the key.  Once you've erased the firmware, you can no longer  recover the key, it's gone, end of.

You have to open the case to manually eject the drive, otherwise you will break the trey.

I think what your thinking about, is when you get the liteon erase "freeze" and you can recover in dos (and JungleFlasher) thats ONLY if you have the key.

NBorges

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 02:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(Proppo @ Mar 4 2009, 09:08 PM) *

You can flash the drive, but it will still only play movies in that xbox without the key.  Once you've erased the firmware, you can no longer  recover the key, it's gone, end of.

You have to open the case to manually eject the drive, otherwise you will break the trey.

I think what your thinking about, is when you get the liteon erase "freeze" and you can recover in dos (and JungleFlasher) thats ONLY if you have the key.

that's the point i did not erase the drive
the only thing that i made was doing l-o-erase nothing more, the status as 80 not 72 and the cdrom wont eject...
since i did not erase the drive i was thinking that the key is there or not???

Proppo

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 02:44:00 PM »

L-O-Eras = LITEON ERASE.  If you run that on the drive, you have erased the firmware that is why it will no longer eject.  Wether or not the status has changed is irrelivant, the drive not ejecting is proof enough of this.

NBorges

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 02:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(Proppo @ Mar 4 2009, 09:44 PM) *

L-O-Eras = LITEON ERASE.  If you run that on the drive, you have erased the firmware that is why it will no longer eject.  Wether or not the status has changed is irrelivant, the drive not ejecting is proof enough of this.

yah you are right, but i though that since i did not made de command Erase and did not see doing it in the 4 banks  i thought... that it could be there...
but if you say that.....(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

maybe sendid to Microsoft to fixit....  what do you think??

Proppo

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 03:01:00 PM »

Erm, it could work but it depends where you send it.  If they notice the sticker on the liteon trey is broken, then they may refuse to repair the console.

NBorges

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 03:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(Proppo @ Mar 4 2009, 10:01 PM) *

Erm, it could work but it depends where you send it.  If they notice the sticker on the liteon trey is broken, then they may refuse to repair the console.

I Have the Sticker in the drive intact i did not openit that's why i want to know how we open the dvdrom manualy only to test if the key is there... but if you say that is erased or the status change maybe got to send it to microsoft... to they repair it

Proppo

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 02:46:00 PM »

You can try if the stickers are intact, some people have luck either way when it comes to RROD's, but I assume they will be more cautious if you return it with a "DVD-ROM ERROR" they may know full well what you've tried to do.  Proceed at your own risk I guess smile.gif.

gabe681

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 04:07:00 PM »

This is the perfect example of why people make tutorials.  So mistakes like this can hopefully be prevented.

Proppo

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 05:02:00 PM »

Where are you from Nborges?  If you have no luck sending it back and your from the UK, I'll buy your drive from you.

NBorges

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2009, 05:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(Proppo @ Mar 5 2009, 12:02 AM) View Post

Where are you from Nborges?  If you have no luck sending it back and your from the UK, I'll buy your drive from you.

I'm Not from UK i'm From Portugal..... i allready unmount the Cdrom, and when we tried totake the key with dosflashhe gives a mensage that "Can't get Identify"and with the program dvdkeygive me a mensage to verify if the port is correct....

Resuming, and to confirmxbox Done.