xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Newbie Xbox Flashing Questions *MERGED*  (Read 183 times)

chorizo1

• Archived User
Newbie Xbox Flashing Questions *MERGED*
« on: February 23, 2009, 07:44:00 PM »

I connected the 360 drive to my SATA, then ran Xtractor Reader to find the drive, and give me the port #, then I prepped the drive (eject deal) turned on JF, and selected the port i saw the drive in.

I used a USB deal so it was com4 (you will know because the drive is detected in JF if you do it right)

Proppo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 01:12:00 AM »

Load JungleFlasher
Power Drive On
Cycle through your IO Ports.
1 will detect your drive.

Com Ports, you can check Device Manager under COM & LPTP Ports I think.

When using JungleFlasher, you will be promted when and when not to power cycle the drive.

After reading, make sure to put the drive trey back in and power cycle the drive.  Then resume the flashing.

ToBbErT

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 10:16:00 AM »

This tutorial explains everything:

http://team-xecuter....eon_windows.htm (This tut uses the old Jungle Flasher but you need to use the new version 0.0.43.Download here http://www.xbox-scen...ZAAVFuINLHJ.php

The most commen STUPID mistakes that people are making is erasing your key/firmware before reading.Or reversing the powercable of there ck3\drive wich will end up in a fried dvd rom.And dont boot your pc with ck3 on.The best way to avoid problems is to read read read and read before doing anything.GL!

And if you dont wanna flash in windows then here's a nice dos tutorial http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=673927

chorizo1

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 10:53:00 AM »

Keep to this topic when asking your questions, do NOT make any more threads about basic newbie stuff, keep it all here.

Proppo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 11:17:00 AM »

Most Common Mistakes:

Connecting DVD drive power upside down/partially.  This WILL lead to a short-circuit.

Connecting the Probe incorrectly P1 to P5 for example.  This will normally lead to bad serial/possible short circuit.  Make sure you match Pin1 to Pin1.

Pressing Lite-On Erase PRIOR to reading your existing firmware.  God knows how or why people do this by accident as you have 2 boxes you have to accept prior to it actually carrying it out.

Incorrect drivers/portio or registry settings not setup properly.  Normally leads to JF freezing or portIO/Com Ports not being detected.

The other main one is the mode changes.  Load JungleFlasher -> Power drive on -> click eject -> power drive off -> Push the drive in half way -> Power On -> Connect Probe to R707 HOLE -> Click Get Key.

JungleFlasher 0.43 will read the key 6 times and compare....

After reading the key, press eject once or twice (until the drive trey is back in).  Power the drive off then proceed with the Lite-on Erase step.

When you click Lite-on Erase, you will recieve 2 prompts, first asking you to make sure you have a proper key, the second asking you to power cycle the drive quickly.  It doesnt have to be 1 second after you press yes, just 1 second from on/off (easy enough to do if you've ordered a ck3/maximus).

The biggest point is, TRIPPLE check every single connection you make.

midnightpulse

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 11:01:00 AM »

Also, I've read things about USB being bad to used with Ck3. People said that they plugged it in the right way as its hard to plug it in the opposite way. Should I still use a USB cable or should i resort to the Serial cable?

thanks

p.s. what kind of serial cable do i need? Female to female, male to female or male to male?

midnightpulse

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 11:27:00 AM »

i can't edit my post.

do i need a serial cable or does it already come with the CK3 Pro kit?

I'm willing to do this method using Serial cable and Dos for a safer sure way.

Proppo

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 12:54:00 PM »

Serial Cable is probably the better option if you have a com port.  As you can flash in Dos via COM (Not USB) and you wont have the difficulties with the USB drivers.  I dont think the kit comes with any cables, but they are relatively cheap.

midnightpulse

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 08:25:00 PM »

Again I can't edit my post....

Where can i find tutorials on how to flash using DOS using CK3 + Probe?

Also, do I need to install anything in my computer (such as a serial driver?) before I go into DOS and flash my firmware?

chorizo1

• Archived User

midnightpulse

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 08:41:00 PM »

Is there just a way to flash your Lite-On using purely DOS from start to finish? (using CK3 Pro + Probe)

I say this because I read many threads online about the CK3 Pro "burning" using USB connection. I am not taking a risk of ruining my $50 investment by using the USB connection. Instead, I am going to use the Serial connection (do i have to use male-to-female or female-to-female 9-pin Serial?).

tryintomod

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 09:32:00 PM »

A couple questions to ask.

What is the best program to read a key from any of the drives? Will jungle flasher read from all of the drives?

Also is jungle flasher the best program to flash firmware to any drive too?

What is the best program to spoof a drive? I have a Benq VAD (original DVD in 360) and I need to spoof a liteon to be a Benq. What is the best program for this?

Also will the ck3 and maximus both work on all of the most popular software out there for spoofing, reading keys and flashing?

I guess my question is, which software is best and/or appropriate for each step in the flashing process for the drives?

Reading key
spoofing or patching new firmware w/that key
Flashing new firmware

I think those are all the steps I think this will help a lot of people as it seems there is a lot of software choices and it makes it tough to know which does what.

chorizo1

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 10:02:00 PM »

I bought THIS and THIS , and used a PC that can boot from USB (in case i needed DOS).

I have done BenQs and Sammys with just JF

LiteOn reads and preps the hacked firmware with JF, and erased/flashed with DOS

READ the pdf guide that comes with JF
NOTE:

If you really think you can't do it, just pay someone and save yourself the hassle.

tryintomod

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 10:17:00 PM »

lol... it's not a matter of not thinking I can do it. I modded the original xbox every possible way. I'm just trying to clear up all of the details. There's a lot of info all over the place especially w/all the new and old software etc... Thanks for the help.

Proppo

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 01:07:00 AM »

The Serial Cable needs to be Male to Female.

There is a way to flash Liteon's in DOS, you need DosFlash 1.7+ and L-O-Eras check http://XS Filter - 110506 - 1/cjnmgx for the tutorial.

I would say JungleFlasher is by far the best software to use, although some do have problems with it.  Most are fixable though.

JungleFlasher will also spoof your drives.

Yes, both CK3/Maximus/HomeMade will work with the majority if software out there, especially JF and DosFlash providing you use Serial for Dosflash.

Download JungleFlasher + Tutorial and read through it.  You can also check out #JungleFlasher on efnet for further support.
Pages: [1] 2