xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Yet Another Thumb Question....  (Read 51 times)

pHrEaQuAzOiD

• Archived User
Yet Another Thumb Question....
« on: September 29, 2004, 06:00:00 PM »

Hi all, sorry to post yet another thumb (say-dumb) question, but I can't seem to find the answer to the problem. I can get all the movie thumbs to work by just hitting the white button and having xbmc simply look it up, and I just use my pre tagged mp3s with no problems, but I can't get my music video thumbs to work. Obviously, there's not going to be any auto-lookup for those, since they're not movies, but I can't figure out how to get the screenshots I take from the videos to link up to each of the music video icons, ie thumbnails. I tried naming the pics with the video name.jpg format, and put them in the directory where the videos are, but to no avail......any suggestions or help? I've searched and searched but can't find any answers. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.  <

SigTom

• Archived User

pHrEaQuAzOiD

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2004, 06:56:00 PM »

cool, thankyou. so does that mean that I have to keep each one of my music videos in a separate folder in order to have a thumb specific for each video?  <

angrypants

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2004, 07:46:00 PM »

noi if you have a video called video1.avi make a file called video1.tbn and put it in the same folder, that should work. Although I could be way wrong. I know you can make an icon for a folder simply by adding the pic you want as folder.jpg but to link an icon to an image you just need the filename.tbn file in the same folder. I did it awhile back so take that as an example and mess with it and you you get it going alright.  

This post has been edited by angrypants: Sep 30 2004, 02:52 AM <

pHrEaQuAzOiD

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2004, 08:06:00 PM »

That did the trick, Thanks a million! :beer:   <