xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 360 Crashes.... No Rrod, No Error Messege Just Crashes  (Read 201 times)

Timmyhawky

• Archived User
360 Crashes.... No Rrod, No Error Messege Just Crashes
« on: August 26, 2008, 06:16:00 AM »

Hi,
today I started playing GTA IV on my Xbox 360 Premium, but after a few minutes I heard a peep, and it crashed! No signs on the ROL, just the green one because my controller is connected. Also no error screen, the game screen froze.
So I turned it on again, hoping it was just an game error. No, it crashed after a few seconds.
So I let it cool down for 20 mins, but it crashed again in 2 minutes.
It also occurs when I'm not playing a game.

Now I really dunno what to do, because my Xbox doesn't give any information about it!
I'm out of warranty since it has been open(not reflashed), and Xbox support wouldn't even give me information because of that.

So the question is: what to do now? I couldn't find a FAQ with info about these symptoms.
I really don't feel like throwing away 100 euros sad.gif

Wilhelm_I

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 06:51:00 AM »

Will be a cold solder joint just like with all the other 0102 RODs...
If you turn it off and back on fast enough after it froze there is a good chance that you will see the ROD tongue.gif

Since you opened it just fix it with the usual stuff, the X-Clamp replacement should do the job...
Once you get the ROD get the secondary error code then you can identify the exact issue because it is not always GPU related...

Timmyhawky

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 06:53:00 AM »

Too bad you had a Xbox like this too sad.gif

Can you tell me what Error Report it gave? Then I may be able to fix it, without forcing it till I get a RROD.(that will mean more trouble)
If you donn't have the console anymore/cant do it, I have to get a RROD too.

EDIT: @Wilhelm1: I will try to get the report by resseting it very fast.

Wilhelm_I

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 06:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(Timmyhawky @ Aug 26 2008, 03:29 PM) View Post

Too bad you had a Xbox like this too sad.gif

Can you tell me what Error Report it gave? Then I may be able to fix it, without forcing it till I get a RROD.(that will mean more trouble)
If you donn't have the console anymore/cant do it, I have to get a RROD too.

EDIT: @Wilhelm1: I will try to get the report by resseting it very fast.

His error code wont help you because there are exactly 64 different ROD(3 red lights) error codes.
You will have to get it yourself.
The other errorcode guides are kind of outdated, so try this one http://xe.brothersof.../errorcodes.php

Timmyhawky

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 01:49:00 PM »

I had to turn it on and off 30 times before the RROD finally showed up.
But I was just reading a book while turning it on and off, so I accidentaly turned it off when the RROD showed up sad.gif
Tried another 80 times, but it didn't show up anymore.

I've played 2 GTA IV sessions of 1 hour after it, and it worked fine again

Havok

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 05:09:00 PM »

You dont need the error code.. doing an Xclamp replacement will probably help for awhile, but its just a band-aid.  To fix the issue you need to have it professionally reflowed.

Timmyhawky

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 08:18:00 AM »

I don't know when I must count the lights to get my error code. Here's a vid of it.(sorry for the queality)

You need to set your speakers' volume very high to hear the clicks wink.gif

sayad1

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 09:52:00 AM »

Oh man, my complete 2007 went on that problem , man that problem shits while playing NFS carbon.
What i had to do is finally change my box.
It aint show that problem any more.
But expecting them to return.

Timmyhawky

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 11:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(sayad1 @ Aug 29 2008, 06:28 PM) View Post

Oh man, my complete 2007 went on that problem , man that problem shits while playing NFS carbon.
What i had to do is finally change my box.
It aint show that problem any more.
But expecting them to return.

I know about all terrible problems. But my last post is about finding out WHAT the error is, and I wanna fix it by myself, not by MS. MS will return a console with a higher RROD risk than a repaired one.

Timmyhawky

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 02:03:00 PM »

BUMP

Havok

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 03:55:00 PM »

Your not listening... I told you the problem.  It looks like the secondary error code is 0102.  

0102 unknown error
though it's most likely GPU related literally means the console does not know what is wrong. possibly a short or cold solder joint somewhere. So far there is 1 major theory for what causes most of these errors is that the Ram, CPU, or GPU are not soldered properly to the mother board due either to poor manufacturing or excessive heat up and cool down cycles that stress, weaken and eventually break the soldered connection.
There are two theories to fixing this one deals with the "X" clamps that hold down the chips. The other involves re-Heating the chips. DO NOT attempt either of these if your console is still under warranty. If your console is still under warranty return it to the store where it was purchased or call MS to have it replaced. I have also heard of limited success by simply switching the AV cable from "HDTV" mode to "TV" mode.

And MS returning a worse console is absolutely bullshit.... Even a refurbished console... they have the tools to fix the problem which you dont have.

Timmyhawky

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 03:03:00 AM »

When I wasn't out of warranty, they would just send another console which would die in a few weeks/months. They don't fix the Xbox, but they send another xbox with the same problem, right? I've heard of ppl who already got 18 new Xboxes which all died.
Well I can't send it back since I'm out of warranty.

I've already read the tutorials on the X-clamp fix and the heatgun fix.
I don't have a HDTV so the AV trick won't work.

I think it a weak solder point instead of a broken one, because my Xbox boots first, and then crashes after a few mins.

I can try to do the heatgun trick, but I'm really scared I completely screw up my Xbox or burn down my house/hands.(only 14 years old) These things go up to 500C right?
There aren't very much reflowing services around here, so I will need another solution.

Shit, I really don't know what to do now sad.gif

Havok

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 09:00:00 PM »

Well you can try the Xclamp foxes yourself but it may be a temporary fix.. (could get a few more months or sometimes years)

Otherwise check the BST forum and mail the system away.

Timmyhawky

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 12:38:00 AM »

I couldn't find a repair location near to me, and I really don't want to send it over mail.

My mother might be able to get a paint-burner(I don't know what it's called in English, but it's a tool to remove paint). It only goes up to 200/300C. Is that enough for the heatgun fix? Probably my bro can do the job for me.

I don't want a temp fix, I just want a working console, which will stay working for lots of years.

Havok

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 09:37:00 AM »

Well the heatgun fixes if done wrong with irreparably break the console very easily.  Make sure you read up on it before doing it.

Pages: [1] 2