xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xtreme Fw 5.3b Not Working With Nashua Dvd-r Dl?  (Read 96 times)

SimianEtza

• Archived User
Xtreme Fw 5.3b Not Working With Nashua Dvd-r Dl?
« on: May 15, 2007, 01:46:00 PM »

It's weird, I've flashed my drive with Extreme FW 5.3a first, and all my backups were working just fine.
However, I would like to know how much of a difference it would make with 5.3b (Noise and all).

So I flashed it, and it plays original games fine. BUT.. Whenever I use my burnt games it doesn't start but will just say 'The disc is unreadable'.

Is it because of my Nashua DVDs? I'm gonna order some Verbatim DVDs, because I heard those were the best.

Also, it's still reading at full speed with 5.3b, so no difference in the sound..? Whats up with that.

This post has been edited by SimianEtza: May 15 2007, 08:50 PM

sosotiit

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 02:29:00 PM »

just IMHO,  I do not recommend 5.3B.
I feel 5.3A will give you the same safe 12x reading as original, and that using 5.3C or D will give you access to both speed. If you favour the 4x reading, I would rather recommend 5.3D. It has 4X as default until an original is inserted, giving you the options to run your backups at 12x as well.

I have seen a few people caught having problem with only 4x (5.3b) , and they had to reflash

-soso

SimianEtza

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 12:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(sosotiit @ May 15 2007, 10:29 PM) *

just IMHO,  I do not recommend 5.3B.
I feel 5.3A will give you the same safe 12x reading as original, and that using 5.3C or D will give you access to both speed. If you favour the 4x reading, I would rather recommend 5.3D. It has 4X as default until an original is inserted, giving you the options to run your backups at 12x as well.

I have seen a few people caught having problem with only 4x (5.3b) , and they had to reflash

-soso

I see. Well I've flashed to 5.3d, and I've got the same problem..
So I've ordered 10 Verbatims, and they're heading my way as we speak (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)
I'll flash back to 5.3a today, thanks soso.

Havok

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 07:59:00 AM »

The point is if you like the fast speed you should flash 5.3C because they you can switch to slow if you want...

sosotiit

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 08:01:00 AM »

yes exactly ^^, if you like fast 5.3C
if you prefer slow 5.3d but keep the flexibility.

-soso