xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gears Of War Won't Play In Flashed Dvd Drive......  (Read 301 times)

mrebean

• Archived User
Gears Of War Won't Play In Flashed Dvd Drive......
« on: November 07, 2006, 01:22:00 PM »

a little more info is needed.  just saying that it doesnt read the disc tells us nothing.  what kind of message or error do you get?

jacob81x

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 01:28:00 PM »

when you put the disc in it takes you to a white screen that says to put the disc in a xbox 360 console.  then upon returning to the dashboard, it shows the disc as a DVD and not a 360 game.  that is all that it does.  if you try to play the game again, its back to the white screen.

it is the same thing that you get when you put a 360 game into a dvd player.  i just tried that and got the same message

Havok

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 01:56:00 PM »

I am assuming this is the same problem as with the EA games released and a dummy security sector.

You need to use the newest firmware Maximus-Garyopa Hitachi-LG Xtreme v2.3 Stealth 8in1
upgrade to that and it will fix your problems.  Or back up your original and that will play fine.

jabroniekilla

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 02:00:00 PM »

make sure you report back with results because I am sure other people are either wondering or having the same problem.

Havok

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 02:04:00 PM »

I assume you have Hitachi's in both Xbox's if you have a Samsung drive it is a diffent problem..

But if my assumptions are correct we fixed this issue when Tiger Wood 07 came out.

kylec2425

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 03:21:00 PM »

I played all the way up to about the middle of act two on the campaign mode and the game freezes and gives me the "disc is unreadable" error message, anybody suffering from this issue? if so let me know asap so we can try 2 figure out what the problem is...

oh yea i have a hitachi with the 2.3 opa ish on it

bildo

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 05:00:00 PM »

I'm also having this issue with my Samsung drive. Well, a very similar one anyway, I'll go to dashboard, open tray, put disc in, close tray, it then says Reading.. then just says 'open tray' again like it couldn't read it.

I'm guessing I'll need to update my firmware too?

I'm currently using Xtreme4.2a with a Samsung MS28.

missingdata

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(bildo @ Nov 7 2006, 04:07 PM) View Post

I'm also having this issue with my Samsung drive. Well, a very similar one anyway, I'll go to dashboard, open tray, put disc in, close tray, it then says Reading.. then just says 'open tray' again like it couldn't read it.

I'm guessing I'll need to update my firmware too?

I'm currently using Xtreme4.2a with a Samsung MS28.

I have the same problem as you, anyone know why?

ThUgLoVe

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 08:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(missingdata @ Nov 7 2006, 10:01 PM) View Post

I have the same problem as you, anyone know why?

are you having open tray errors with any other games?what ver FW are you using?and have you tried a cold boot with the game?

i would bet the open tray error is something that has been with your console for sometime and you just havent seen it untill now.

Havok

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 10:51:00 PM »

Yes the newest Samsungs also have fixes for media reading.

ThUgLoVe

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 11:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(missingdata @ Nov 7 2006, 10:26 PM) View Post

This game is the only game that I have the problem. I m using samsung xtreme 4.2a

oh, and btw what is cold boot?

cold boot is when the system is completly cold and you boot a game.i didnt have a single open tray error untill i upgraded to 4.0-4.2  then i get them anytime i try to load a game thats not from a cold boot(1st saw it pop up with tiger 07 and splinter cell),to fix this i had to put some spacers in to keep the laser from moving to far to the inside of the disk(aka rubber band mod).

if you are hearing some clickin type sounds coming from the laser a few sec's after the tray door closes i would bet thats what is going on..

somethings to try b4 you go wastin dvd's.
cold boot GOW...
or
load any game and play for a few mins,take that game out and try loadin another one.if it boots then try GOW. if GOW doesnt load then try another game and if that one does load then you know something with the GOW disk isnt workin like it should.

another thing you can do it pop off the tops of the 360 and the dvd drive and see if the laser is moving to far to the inside of the GOW disk and report back..

wertyxhts

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 02:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(jacob81x @ Nov 7 2006, 12:15 PM) View Post

i am in a crisis......i just bought gears of war and tried to play it in my modded 360 and it won't read the disc.  i have already taken the first copy back, and to a different store and gotten another that will not work either.  there are 2 modded 360s in my home and the original game will not work in either one.  i tried playing both original and burned discs of other games i own and they work fine.  i have no idea what would be causing this and why only with this one game, which is the original copy.  please if anyone has any insight as to what could be causing this please reply.

Change your firmware to 2.3, it should work fine after that. I had the same issue. Works fine right now.

QUOTE(kylec2425 @ Nov 7 2006, 02:28 PM) View Post

I played all the way up to about the middle of act two on the campaign mode and the game freezes and gives me the "disc is unreadable" error message, anybody suffering from this issue? if so let me know asap so we can try 2 figure out what the problem is...

oh yea i have a hitachi with the 2.3 opa ish on it

I'll see if i get this, just got back home from work. Looks like no sleep tonight. I'm getting to act 2 right now.

328iGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 06:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(bildo @ Nov 8 2006, 04:53 AM) View Post

Just to let you guys know, I re-burnt GoW and it worked perfectly the second time, must of just been a bad burn for me, thankfully.

Thanks for all the advice though, and good luck to anyone else with the issue.

Good to hear, I was looking at buying a copy today but want to ensure it will work in my Samsung MS28 with Xtreme 4.2a on it?

Havok

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2006, 06:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(328iGuy @ Nov 8 2006, 01:39 PM) View Post

Good to hear, I was looking at buying a copy today but want to ensure it will work in my Samsung MS28 with Xtreme 4.2a on it?

yes it will.

328iGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 07:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(Havok @ Nov 8 2006, 09:01 AM) View Post

yes it will.

Perfect, will pick it up then!  cool.gif
Pages: [1] 2