xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Acheivment Hacking  (Read 469 times)

stormz

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« on: June 27, 2006, 07:44:00 AM »

ive heard a little about people hacking memory card saves of games just before hard acheivments are unlocked and then uploading them to the internet so others can download and get the acheivments. do many people do this? and which games is it possible on

xboxexpert

• Recovered User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 07:47:00 AM »

This i'd be interested in.

Reaper527

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 08:05:00 AM »

what good is the achievment if you didn't finish it yourself? i think this would be as destructive to the system as cheating on live would be.

C o s m o

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 08:24:00 AM »

I see your point, Reaper.
But some things that might be unlockable for multiplayer...maps, weapons, etc...would be good for download if someone really likes the multiplayer of a game, but can't muster the energy to play the single player.

lostboyz

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 08:28:00 AM »

it dosent really matter my gamerscore is for me, sure I like to show it off but if I went to the trouble to do that Id think I might want to get a new hobby

grim_d

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 09:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(C o s m o @ Jun 27 2006, 02:55 PM) View Post

I see your point, Reaper.
But some things that might be unlockable for multiplayer...maps, weapons, etc...would be good for download if someone really likes the multiplayer of a game, but can't muster the energy to play the single player.

that i can agree with, some single player games are terible but the multiplayer is awesome.

although doing it just so your gamerscore is a fake 10000 is pointless.

corkybitch

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 11:32:00 AM »

Why would you unlock achievements, by hacking save games - Complete the game your self, its more fun  biggrin.gif

Maverick0984

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 12:16:00 PM »

they are games...play them...that's what they're for

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 12:36:00 PM »

This was something that I remember talking about with some of the guys over on 360gamesaves.com when they were first starting out.

It is decidedly something they DIDN'T want to support. but it is possible.

Despite the possibility that you could do this, it's still more work then it's worth. Most games have explicit save point or check points. So even if the game was saved just before fighting the last boss  you'd still have to play and beat that last boss. Not to mention you'd be missing all of the achievement up to that point. Unless of course you went through the tedious process of downloading an achievement specific game save, inserting your profile in there, loading it up to the memory unit, loading the game up and loading the save game. finishing the task required for the achievement, exit the game and repeat ad nauseam.

Personally I'd rather just play the damn game.

StigmataDiaboli

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 04:48:00 PM »

I agree with TS, i'm not usually so strongly opionated but I think if your even interested in this your an idiot.  If this got big it'd completely take away from the Live experiance and if it is possible I seriously hope MS figures out a way to block it.  Damn cheaters.

troist

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 04:52:00 PM »

for quite a few games it awards a lot of the achievements at the end of the level... PGR3 for example will give you the all platinum achievement at the end of any race, as long as you've got all platinums. same with other games like hitman, in that if you load a gamesave with all the achievements and finish the training level on any difficulty you get all the achievements in the gamesave.

mike_jacko

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2006, 04:21:00 PM »

stealing gamerpoints would be better than stealing actual games..."backups" and passing them out to you buddies biggrin.gif

lostboyz

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2006, 04:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jun 27 2006, 12:07 PM) View Post

This was something that I remember talking about with some of the guys over on 360gamesaves.com when they were first starting out.

It is decidedly something they DIDN'T want to support. but it is possible.

yea but they are doing it now well at least a few of the admins and mods are its pretty lame

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 10:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Jun 27 2006, 06:52 PM) View Post

yea but they are doing it now well at least a few of the admins and mods are its pretty lame

If that's true then it is pretty lame  dry.gif

lostboyz

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006, 11:09:00 AM »

you know I thought you said a different site

xbox360achievments.org guys are doing it. still lame just wrong accusation
Pages: [1] 2 3