xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: First Impression Of Xbmc  (Read 64 times)

Zzzen

• Archived User
First Impression Of Xbmc
« on: June 30, 2004, 03:11:00 AM »

Hellol,

I am using the version XBMP  from almost a year now. After much hearing from XBMC, I decided to give it a go...so I install the XBMC 11/06/2004 Built

The first impression is good, neat menus, nice icons...etc...However, I have to admit that the the movies quality are not as good as the XBMP 2.4 version, which is the main reason of why I use XBMP player for !

What I don' t still understand is why do they have to reencode the video processing in XBMC, quality is already pretty good in XBMP 2.4 !  <_< , why do they have to make something worse...

Anyway...I have 2 questions:

Have anybody try the new version, is the quality as good as the XBMP 2.4 version ?

I have tried different settings in XBMC, do you have an advice of what to put in XBMC in order to get the best results ?

Cheers, and long life to XBMC and XBMP  :beer:

Jagasian

• Archived User
First Impression Of Xbmc
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 03:48:00 AM »

You probably had post processing enabled in XBMC, which is buggy and actually makes the video quality look worse.  Since it is disabled by default in XMBC 1.0, it should look at least as good if not better than XBMP.

Personally, one of the reasons that I made the switch was because XBMP couldn't play some of my videos, while XBMC could play them (XVID DVD rips of Futurama).