xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Replacement Xbox 360 Psu  (Read 13 times)

falcon_drifter

• Archived User
Replacement Xbox 360 Psu
« on: February 27, 2006, 04:57:00 PM »

I bought a Japanese XBOX 360 which works with 110V, unfortunately someone else plugged it to 220V.  After plugging the XBOX 360 PSU to the right power output, the PSU won't light up anymore.  There is no light...not red, orange or green.  It's just dead.  

I know you guys might ask me to try to call Japan and send back the defective PSU to them but I read other people with problems with the Japanese console say that MS Japan will not honor the service warranty simply because it was sold and used outside Japan.  I don't have any contacts in Japan to help me either.

I have a couple of questions regarding this thing.

1) Is my whole XBOX 360 unit broken or is it just the PSU?

2) If its just the PSU is there anyway I can get a replacement PSU (not the ones from eBay)?  Will MS sell PSU's?  Did they sell PSU's for the old XBOX?

3) I saw a site that details a hack for the XBOX 360 PSU using a PC ATX power supply.  From the description, it looks like what happened to that guy is the same thing that happened to me.  Please check out this page...

http://www.hackaday.com/entry/1234000740073473/

I was wondering if that mod is feasible for the XBOX 360.  Has anyone here tried it?  

That solution will help solve majority of my problems since I live in a country where 220V is a standard.  The XBOX 360 is not being supported in my country by MS so I have no choice but to import the unit from Japan which was the easiest to get.

I quite willing to try that mod myself since I don't really have any choice in the matter.  

I hope you guys can reply.

fahrenheit

• Archived User
Replacement Xbox 360 Psu
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 07:03:00 PM »

I know of one person who had the same problem and they successfully did the ATX PSU mod.

If you find a supplier for 220v 360 PSU's, please let us know.

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Replacement Xbox 360 Psu
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 02:48:00 AM »

to be honest if you open it up (make sure it is unplugged, and has been foir an hour or so), you will probably find a blown fuse which can be replaced.