xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Video/sound Output Doesn't Always Work  (Read 44 times)

CamaroGuy

• Archived User
Video/sound Output Doesn't Always Work
« on: December 24, 2005, 02:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(BrandonV @ Dec 22 2005, 08:14 PM) View Post

I just got this 360 last Sunday and I've been having this problem since day 1.  When I turn on the system all I get is a blank TV screen and no sound, just flashing lights on both the controller and the 360 ring of light.  Usually after I turn off the power and try it again it works, but sometimes it takes a few tries.  After the system is warm it doesn't appear to be a problem, just the first power up of the day.  

I have the video on RCA cable (I know, I know....) and the audio into my receiver on the optical cable.  I know the problem is the 360 cause even if my TV wasn't accepting the video feed my receiver would be putting out sound since they are independent of each other.

Anyone else experience this?

mine does the exact same thing, MS told me to unplug the HDD from the 360 when it's off and unplug the PSU from the wall for 1-2 minutes (my friend had to do it overnight) and then put the HDD back in and plug the PSU back into the wall.  It worked for my buddy when he did it overnight but not for me when I did it for 2 minutes, gonna tyr it overnight and see what happens.  Let me know if it works for you.  Oh and BTW mine and my buddy's only does it in vertical not in horizontal position and ours were both made on the 3rd of december.