xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: If This Is True  (Read 486 times)

corridon

• Archived User
If This Is True
« on: June 03, 2005, 06:59:00 AM »

I walked into my local EB Games store today and was looking around for some cheap pre owned games. I then walked up to the counter just out of plain curiosity and asked them if I could put down a pre order for the XBOX 360.

They said yes and we talked about it for a while. I then asked them if they had any conformation of when it owuld be shipping in because on other forums people have been saying that people have told them certain stories etc.

They told me to expect it to be in store by JUNE 1ST 2000 AND FUCKING 6!

I was gob smacked, I couldn't believe it. I said to them "Are you sure, because in America it's coming out around November and MS have said they wanted it out before Christmas." THey repsonded "Yeah, but remember Australia gets things later".

I was pissed. I walked out of the store, not believing my ears. I got home and went on my laptop and downloaded some XBOX 360 interviews etc. There was one with Jay Allard and he said "Our main focus is to have a simultaneous launch, all over the world. I'm a gamer and I find it rude when one country gets a product and another country has to wait another 6 months to get it." God I hope he sticks ot his word.

It sucks to have to sit back and wait whilst others are basking in the glory of something.

wasting

• Archived User
If This Is True
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 07:05:00 AM »

get one off ebay

corridon

• Archived User
If This Is True
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 07:07:00 AM »

It would have to be PAL though.

And I hate buying things on Ebay.

towelie1098

• Archived User
If This Is True
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 09:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(corridon @ Jun 3 2005, 07:42 AM)
It would have to be PAL though.

And I hate buying things on Ebay.

U probably know more than the guy at the store. He was just probably thinking abut old console launches. Some guys at those stores are complete idiots, wait let me rephrase that, almost all of them are idiots! :popcorn:

whet1134

• Archived User
If This Is True
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 10:12:00 AM »

Allard has repeatedly said that he wants to have the 360 worldwide by Xmas2005.  You CANNOT trust gamestore employees.  I swear, they just tell people stupid shit to screw with our heads.  I imagine that the US will get it first on or around Nov. 15th.  Then the next week Europe and Asia will get it.  Then the next week or two will be everyone else.  It's not coming out that late... not if Allard has anything to say about it.

sunn02

• Archived User
If This Is True
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 11:15:00 AM »

J. Allard has repeatedly talked about a worldwide launch, but for some reason when he said it he only mentioned north america, europe, and japan. i don't know if he mentioned it because those are some of the bigger gaming markets, but there should be more info available in the coming months hopefully.

whet1134

• Archived User
If This Is True
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 01:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(sunn02 @ Jun 3 2005, 01:50 PM)
J. Allard has repeatedly talked about a worldwide launch, but for some reason when he said it he only mentioned north america, europe, and japan. i don't know if he mentioned it because those are some of the bigger gaming markets, but there should be more info available in the coming months hopefully.

He told IGN that he expects "the entire world to enjoy Xbox360 before Christmas."  Besides, one of us European folk will mail you one if you ask nicely ;).

Deftech

• Archived User
If This Is True
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 01:16:00 PM »

good grief your EBs sound like my local Gamestops, full of retards.

Youll have your 360 by Christmas of this year dude, dont believe those fuggers.

Now call that asshat at the store and tell him hes a waste of skin.  tongue.gif

thebroken

• Archived User
If This Is True
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 02:13:00 PM »

eb and gamestop dont know shit i went in there once and was like how much is x360 going to cost and the guy said 699.99 im like hmm and left

redwolf

• Archived User
If This Is True
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2005, 03:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(corridon @ Jun 3 2005, 02:34 PM)
I walked into my local EB Games store today and was looking around for some cheap pre owned games. I then walked up to the counter just out of plain curiosity and asked them if I could put down a pre order for the XBOX 360.

They said yes and we talked about it for a while. I then asked them if they had any conformation of when it owuld be shipping in because on other forums people have been saying that people have told them certain stories etc.

They told me to expect it to be in store by JUNE 1ST 2000 AND FUCKING 6!

I was gob smacked, I couldn't believe it. I said to them "Are you sure, because in America it's coming out around November and MS have said they wanted it out before Christmas." THey repsonded "Yeah, but remember Australia gets things later".

I was pissed. I walked out of the store, not believing my ears. I got home and went on my laptop and downloaded some XBOX 360 interviews etc. There was one with Jay Allard and he said "Our main focus is to have a simultaneous launch, all over the world. I'm a gamer and I find it rude when one country gets a product and another country has to wait another 6 months to get it." God I hope he sticks ot his word.

It sucks to have to sit back and wait whilst others are basking in the glory of something.

i don't know about the whole country, but here in U.K. London we don't have EB anymore, they are bought or replaced by Game UK ... i asked them today (Oxford Street branch)  the said it's sometime between November and December. But they not 100% sure. Which  think was reasonable answer :)

This post has been edited by redwolf: Jun 3 2005, 10:09 PM

microsizeboy

• Archived User
If This Is True
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2005, 03:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(thebroken @ Jun 3 2005, 09:48 PM)
eb and gamestop dont know shit i went in there once and was like how much is x360 going to cost and the guy said 699.99 im like hmm and left

EB and gamestop really need to educate their employees. So if parents want to preorder it for their kids they'll gasp at the price and forever think it's expensive.

HeavensHitmen

• Archived User
If This Is True
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2005, 03:40:00 PM »

people there think they are smarter than al of us cause they work at a game store,.

sobman

• Archived User
If This Is True
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2005, 03:47:00 PM »

it will be launched in europe, japan, and the us at the same time... nowhere do i see austrila, but i can tell you why...

the toilets go the wrong way

Carlo210

• Archived User
If This Is True
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2005, 05:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(sobman @ Jun 3 2005, 11:22 PM)
the toilets go the wrong way

You mean the OTHER way. And don't Japanese toilets flush the other way too.. and etc.

deacon187

• Archived User
If This Is True
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2005, 06:57:00 PM »

the only thing those stores/employees' are good for is stiffing you on trade in credit, ive asked about Juiced plenty of times and they go into the computer and say nothing is here i know nothing about it, but a simple google search gave me all the info i needed, there managers should quiz the employees daily, WTF you work in a game store and dont know about games something is wrong with that
Pages: [1] 2 3