xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Window Cutting  (Read 58 times)

adrian089

• Archived User
Window Cutting
« on: September 28, 2008, 01:07:00 AM »

alright so ive decided to put a window in my hard drive and in my case.  This is my first time ever doing anything like this.  I cut the plexi to the size i wanted easy enough but the case has turned out to be something different.  After what seemed forever i got my window popped in my hard drive but i cant seem to get a straight cut on the case of the console.  I can get it looking fairly straight by using a block of wood wrapped in sand paper but even after a ton of sanding i'l compare the side im working on to something i know is flat and there are noticable gaps.

Im trying to flush mount the window and i could use some advice on getting those straight cuts.  My fingers hurt right now from using that dremel for so long and this is kinda frustrating

Ktmrida4lyfe

• Archived User
Window Cutting
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 02:30:00 AM »

Go buy a nice set of files from lowes or home depot, and buy a set of precision files too if you want, they can come handy later for detailed work.. use the file on the spots that look raised, and it will take miniscule amounts of plastic away every time, and once it looks straight/smooth, THEN use a sanding block, which you can also find at lowes or home depot... hope i helped... also, check it out.

(IMG:http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/Blacknight94/halo3cut.jpg)

Wait, did you say you did a flush window for your HDD? Take a pic for me.. I wanna see it.

This post has been edited by Ktmrida4lyfe: Sep 28 2008, 09:35 AM

adrian089

• Archived User
Window Cutting
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 09:50:00 AM »

it's not too impressive, you can see a gap or 2 but it holds fairly well.  im clubsy so i hit the hard drive shell a few times with the dremel while not paying attention so i gotta fix that, but i'l post a pic later tonight when i get home from work cuz ive got all my stuff at a friends house.  Thanks for the advice i gotta wait till thurs to buy anything cuz im broke as hell now and just have enough for gas till payday

Raven 666

• Archived User
Window Cutting
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 01:17:00 PM »

Refer to the FAQ's to help you.

Here