xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: Breast Cancer Awareness 360  (Read 805 times)

b15ginz

• Archived User
Breast Cancer Awareness 360
« on: May 20, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »

Many of you probably saw my BST for the case. I had one guy who was interested in it, but since he fell through I decided I should just mod the living hell out of this case. I was going back and forth from doing a NY Mets 360 or a Breast Cancer Awareness 360. Guess what? I picked breast cancer. Tons of peoples are affected by the disease so I figure this will be for all of you guys and mostly gals out there. I lost my mother 2 years ago to it, so its only fair that I show my love and support for those who are going through it, and those who have gone through it.

Check out the work in progress. The case will take A LOT of time to do. I WILL NOT rush this. Tons of time, sweat, and most likely tears will come from this mod.

I have a few plans after the case is done, but I will get there when the time comes.

The Plans:

Window(s)
* Side window. The shape of the ribbon so many of us know about. (flush mount)
* HDD window. Something I can't describe, youll just have to wait and see. (flush mount)
* Face plate window. Maybe falling tears. (no plexi)
* USB door. An etch that reads ' Breast Cancer Awareness ' (I'm unsure if i can pull this off - behind)

Paint
I have been searching for the right primer that i can use. I saw a Rust-oleum primer that u can put on plastic and then proceed to use ANY paint you want..even wall paint. If this can be done, the case will be spondge painted. A dark pink with a glaze of a much lighter pink. I feel if I use a standard pink all around the case, it will stand out to much. I am avoiding that.

Lighting
Pink leds behind side window. White leds behind everything else. Pink leds around the power button.

I am not looking for donations, i'm not looking for a helping hand as I would like to finish this myself. If you feel you need to help in ANY way please contact me with a private message.

The start:
Heres a few (2) picture of the start. The side window I hope to finish by wed. Sanding in-cluded.

IPB Image
IPB Image

If I was going to do the Mets 360, check out the jewel.
IPB Image

Like I said, I will be taking my sweet ass time with this project. It means the world to ME. Flame if you will.

b15ginz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 11:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dennis Knight @ May 20 2006, 01:15 PM) View Post

This is a really good idea. i lost my grandmother and cousin to breast cancer in the last three years so I can really appreciate where you are coming from.  good on you for doing this. what is the plan for the finished piece?

Sry to hear about your lose.
I had spoke to HSD and he had ask me not to mention about it. When its finished, ill ask him again. Do not PM me either, im sure hes watching. smile.gif

EDIT : typos.

Also, where the hell can I fid (edit again: THATS WHY I NEED IT!!! [obviously i meant find]) that Spell Checker for IE.

liquid-core

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 11:14:00 AM »

This is a very unique idea. You deffinately made the right choice. Good luck on the case.

O'Malley

taikwondoejoe

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 11:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(b15ginz @ May 20 2006, 01:18 PM) View Post

Also, where the hell can I fid that Spell Checker for IE.

http://www.iespell.com/
You really shouldn't us Internet Exploder though

b15ginz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 11:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(liquid-core @ May 20 2006, 01:21 PM) View Post

This is a very unique idea. You deffinately made the right choice. Good luck on the case.

O'Malley

I hope so. Thanks for the support.

QUOTE(taikwondoejoe @ May 20 2006, 01:23 PM) View Post

Thanks much.

NOZb2k

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 11:47:00 AM »

Hey man, thats a really great idea you have thought of. I hope all goes well for you with this xbox.

b15ginz

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2006, 11:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(NOZb2k @ May 20 2006, 01:54 PM) View Post

Hey man, thats a really great idea you have thought of. I hope all goes well for you with this xbox.

The support is greatly appreciated.

sinister slipknot

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2006, 11:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(taikwondoejoe @ May 20 2006, 06:23 PM) View Post

If you ment use i think you need it  laugh.gif

Good work on the case, it's a good idea. Possibly an idea for breast cancer awareness month is to make a few of these and give the profits to a cancer charity.

b15ginz

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2006, 12:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(sinister slipknot @ May 20 2006, 02:01 PM) View Post

profits to a cancer charity.

Thats one lil thing I will be doing at the end. I do apoligize I cant say what it is. I hate it myself when people say, "Hey I gotta tell you something... but I will later." GOD I hate that crap. If HSD PMs me or replies to the thread and tells me i can discuss the after plans, I will let u guys know of them. Until then, I dont feel like getting banned.

Whats a good bit for cutting those smaller windows on the side? I was thinking about using the drywall bit just to cut the holes then sand.

GSX

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2006, 12:13:00 PM »

Good luck on it, as it's for a good cause. As for the secret, im thinking a charity auction. biggrin.gif If thats what it is, then I doubt it would be a problem.

Btw, the chicks and pricks on ur aim made me laugh

b15ginz

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2006, 12:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(GSX @ May 20 2006, 02:20 PM) View Post

im thinking a charity auction. biggrin.gif If thats what it is, then I doubt it would be a problem.

I had re-read the PM between the two of us. He told me to keep it to a minimum.

I will be getting into contact with a few talk show hosts. Mainly Jay Leno and Ellen Degeneras only because they are my two favorites. I will be asking them if they would mind having the 360 signed by the celebs who come to the show for about a month. After that the 360 will be auctioned off with all proceeds going to a cancer charity of the buyers choice. If not the money will go to American Cancer Society.

If that failed I will auction it off myself on ebay, if it doesnt sell for a nice amount of change, I will be keeping it.

b15ginz

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2006, 12:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(GSX @ May 20 2006, 02:20 PM) View Post

Btw, the chicks and pricks on ur aim made me laugh

hahaha, I must've had that on there for SOOO long. I never notice it anymore. Probably when I was an immature bastard about 6 yeas ago - I put that on there. Times never change. smile.gif

sicknasty413

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2006, 12:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(b15ginz @ May 20 2006, 02:28 PM) View Post

I will be getting into contact with a few talk show hosts. Mainly Jay Leno and Ellen Degeneras only because they are my two favorites. I will be asking them if they would mind having the 360 signed by the celebs who come to the show for about a month. After that the 360 will be auctioned off with all proceeds going to a cancer charity of the buyers choice. If not the money will go to American Cancer Society.

If that failed I will auction it off myself on ebay, if it doesnt sell for a nice amount of change, I will be keeping it.

Thats crazy! Hopefully everything will turn out well  cool.gif

sinister slipknot

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2006, 01:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(b15ginz @ May 20 2006, 07:28 PM) View Post

I had re-read the PM between the two of us. He told me to keep it to a minimum.

Thats a real good idea, you could even try sending it into MTV's TRL (i know lame... but they get ALOT of celebs on there) and it could then raise more money.

b15ginz

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2006, 01:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(sinister slipknot @ May 20 2006, 03:59 PM) View Post

Thats a real good idea, you could even try sending it into MTV's TRL (i know lame... but they get ALOT of celebs on there) and it could then raise more money.

Talk show hosts have celebs on ALL the time. Im not looking for music people to sign it. Actors are much much better in my opinion.

I think this is what HSD was talking about, let's get back on track with the mod.

I may finish some cuts tonight if I dont make to much noise. I need a better bit for cutting as the one in the picture SUCKS!. anyone have any tips? Exspecially for cutting the smaller holes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15