xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Exactly Do I Go About Burning Xgd3 Games?  (Read 142 times)

bornwild

• Archived User
How Exactly Do I Go About Burning Xgd3 Games?
« on: February 26, 2012, 03:18:00 PM »

Well.If you dont have to update firmware and but ihas drive .You can use truncate way but this works on dashboard 13599 or previous. If you already have later dashboard. It is best to flash to LT3 and buy ihas burner since lt3 wont play truncated copies. Hope that helps

Sportsmaniac1322

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 03:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(bornwild @ Feb 26 2012, 05:18 PM) View Post
Well.If you dont have to update firmware and but ihas drive .You can use truncate way but this works on dashboard 13599 or previous. If you already have later dashboard. It is best to flash to LT3 and buy ihas burner since lt3 wont play truncated copies. Hope that helps

My drive, a Liteon 74850c, doesn't have LT3, the latest version for it is LT2.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.  Anyways, I'll probably end up getting an iHAS burner and making an external drive out of one.  Will it matter than my drive is only on 2.0 firmware?  And also, do I need to get different discs?

bornwild

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 03:28:00 PM »

No the latest version for your drive is LT3. If you dont care about live you still play games but not recommeneded. Remember your old ap2.5 and xgd3 games have to be reburn to play games on Lt3.

iateshaggy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 03:32:00 PM »

you pretty much need to use ihas/burnermax and current firmware.  there are possible "work arounds", but they will only result in you burning tons of disk that will be worthless in the very near and very unavoidable future.  none of this has anything to do with live stealth, it is a matter of the games even working at all.

Sportsmaniac1322

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 11:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(bornwild @ Feb 26 2012, 05:28 PM) View Post
No  the latest version for your drive is LT3. If you dont care about live  you still play games but not recommeneded. Remember your old ap2.5 and  xgd3 games have to be reburn to play games on Lt3.

Weird, because when I used the latest versions of Jungleflasher and the firmware pack, it only auto-loaded 2.0.  Could you tell me the filename of the 3.0 firmware for my drive?

EDIT: Found the problem.  Xbins didn't have the latest version of Jungleflasher, even though they had the latest firmware pack.  Pretty strange.

QUOTE(iateshaggy @ Feb 26 2012, 05:32 PM) View Post
you pretty much need to use ihas/burnermax and current firmware.  there are possible "work arounds", but they will only result in you burning tons of disk that will be worthless in the very near and very unavoidable future.  none of this has anything to do with live stealth, it is a matter of the games even working at all.

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely get an iHAS drive.  But still no one has answered my question: do I need to get different discs when I use the drive?

wang_chung

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 12:08:00 AM »

verbatim's are the preferred choice, but you are likely going to make a few coasters while you find out which configuration is best. there are some settings you have to play with that make a huge difference in the quality of disc that is burnt. you'll see when you run your burned disc through kprobe.

CarpeDiem0

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 05:43:00 AM »

People still use Xbins for JungleFlasher/CFW packs?  Why not use the link on JF's official site, and the CFW link in the support chat, which is linked on the JF site?  Just sayin'