xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need To Get Something Straight About Ap2.x  (Read 125 times)

-Gadget-

• Archived User
Need To Get Something Straight About Ap2.x
« on: November 15, 2011, 12:31:00 PM »

yep thats it, i have one and can confirm this...
BUT the newest AP2.6 or otherwise known as XGD3 is different and DOES need to be updated !
as in the hitachi 46/47 dont support this full stop on backups and thus none of them even work !
Samsungs are like the hitachi's but they CAN be made to read the XGD3 ok smile.gif

so they do still have risks/annoyances
of course they were the best ones to have before XGD3 cam out but is a diferent story now !

Gokussj5okazu

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 12:42:00 PM »

as in the hitachi 46/47 dont support this full stop on backups and thus none of them even work !

This is incorrect. The Hitachi drives do support XGD3 hardware wise. However, LT+2.0 isn't out yet for them, so backups of XGD3 discs will not work, YET. They will work once the new firmware is released.

metal_hed

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 07:02:00 PM »

Thanks for the info guys. A shame about XGD3 backups but what can you do. If you are saying the Samsung (i assume ms25/28 are working i could spoof a an old samsung i have lying around to a hitachi and it should be fine i think.

If the system does an AP 2.x check and sees the drive is an hitachi it shouldn't care that i have a samsung spoofed should it?

Gokussj5okazu

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 08:06:00 PM »

If the system does an AP 2.x check and sees the drive is an hitachi it shouldn't care that i have a samsung spoofed should it?

Yes, the game and system will work, but you will get banned from XBL. Spoofed drives = ban