xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Using A Benq In 0800 Mode - Unable To Get Sata Port To See Drive  (Read 47 times)

Afrodeziak

• Archived User
Using A Benq In 0800 Mode - Unable To Get Sata Port To See Drive
« on: November 02, 2009, 01:41:00 PM »

So I've read up, searched, etc.

I've flashed a BENQ drive with 1.6 0800 iXtreme.  The idea that is to be used as a ripping drive to make my backups.

I have onboard SATA, as well a VIA card.
When I plug into the onboard my bios see's the drive, but shows nothing once in windows.
When I plug into the VIA sata card, I get nothing in windows.

When I use my SATA-->USB cable it works, although half way through ripping it sometimes just says "disc not found" in SCHTROM and I have to unplug and re-plug for the drive to be seen again.

I somehow managed to get the drive to rip a full game, but the situation is hit and miss and I'd like a good solution, priority, being to use my onboard SATA.

I am using a Xecutor power switch on the back of the drive for power/adaper.

A secondary question.  The drive is in vendor mode, which I read needs to be so that windows see it, is this correct?

Cheers for your help.

This post has been edited by Afrodeziak: Nov 2 2009, 10:00 PM

PhoneyVirus

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 02:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(Afrodeziak @ Nov 2 2009, 12:41 PM) *

So I've read up, searched, etc.

I've flashed a BENQ drive with 1.6 0800 iXtreme.  The idea that is to be used as a ripping drive to make my backups.

I have onboard SATA, as well a VIA card.
When I plug into the onboard my bios see's the drive, but shows nothing once in windows.
When I plug into the VIA sata card, I get nothing in windows.

When I use my SATA-->USB cable it works, although half way through ripping it sometimes just says "disc not found" in SCHTROM and I have to unplug and re-plug for the drive to be seen again.

I somehow managed to get the drive to rip a full game, but the situation is hit and miss and I'd like a good solution, priority, being to use my onboard SATA.

I am using a Xecutor power switch on the back of the drive for power/adaper.

A secondary question.  The drive is in vendor mode, which I read needs to be so that windows see it, is this correct?

Cheers for your help.

A secondary question.  The drive is in vendor mode, which I read needs to be so that windows see it, is this correct? not to backup your Games, this is 0x73 mode vendor mode for flashing and you don't have to do this if the drive has it's Original Firmware on first for the Benq. I have one here and flash it with ix1.6 then after ix16-0800 dedicated "ripping" drive. To flash it after it having the ix 1.6x your goning to need it in0x73 mode vendor mode for flashing.

I guesting that you read the Jungle Flasher Tutorial before flashing your drive check out the pdf on there site.

Now for it showing up in windows...

Click Start Button then Click Run type devmgmt.msc in Run hit enter goto your DVD/CD-ROM drives look to see if there showing up Right click on the little Computer on top Scan for Hardware Changes thats to make sure every thing if fine before enabling your x360 drive now Power on your drive hit the eject on you CK3 then Scan for Hardware Changes the drive should show up install the drivers need  and show up in My Computer.

Why I say eject before Scaning Hardware Changes is that the benq would hang after installing it trying to load noting so eject it.

Afrodeziak

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 07:00:00 PM »

Worked like a charm.  You're a legend.

Not very often that you can come on a forum with a very specific question and have someone hook up the know-how.

Thanks again !:)

PhoneyVirus

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 07:09:00 PM »

No problem I have a Benq and CK3, I fine the Benq better then any x360 drive getting other one soon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)