xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xboxmediacenter.xml  (Read 49 times)

juan

• Archived User
Xboxmediacenter.xml
« on: April 28, 2004, 07:42:00 PM »

I am having the craziest problem.  Inside of the programs tag in xboxmediacenter.xml  I used to have listed a bookmark entitled "apps and emulators"  the path pointed to folder e:\apps which contained directories for applications and directories for my emulators. This worked fine for a while but I decided to split them up into 2 directories (one for apps one for emulators).  So I pulled out all of the emulator directories and put them inside the newly made E:\emulators.  I then adjusted the bookmarks inside xboxmediacenter.xml so that the one points to apps and another points to emulators (they are titled the same way).  

Heres the problem it doesnt work.  When I click on the apps bookmark it doesnt show anything at all for the programs and the emulators tag doesnt even show up at all.   When  I open it in explorer it doesnt report any errors so I'm baffled.
throughout all of this my games tag has always worked.  One last note I've tried deleting the contents inside of udata and tdata as well as thumbs and shotrcuts to no avail I've even tried reinstalling XBMC (latest precompiled build).  Here is the kicker if I use the scan button it finds everything and places them in my shortcuts (as it should) and if I put E:\emulators inside of default it works (as the default) but the emulators bookmark is still not there nor does the apps button show anything.  any help is appreciated

part of xboxmediacenter.xml

<myprograms>
 <default>E:\emulators</default>
  <bookmark>
     <name>Apps</name>
     <path>E:\apps</path>
   </bookmark>
   <bookmark>
     <name>Games</name>
     <path>F:\GAMES</path>
   </bookmark>
    <bookmark>
     <name>Emulators</name>
   </bookmark>
    <bookmark>
     <name>DVD</name>
     <path>D:\</path>
   </bookmark>
 </myprograms>

<

tslayer

• Archived User
Xboxmediacenter.xml
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 08:49:00 PM »

How is everything organized?

Do you have:

E:\apps\app1\default.xbe
E:\apps\app2\default.xbe

etc?

Same with emulators?

Is that how it is organized?

Anyhow, if so, go ahead and delete the xbmc/albums/myprograms3.db and try again.

Also, if your apps aren't such that they are called default.xbe, then goto Settings->Programs and disable the Show Only Default.xbe.

TS
 <

juan

• Archived User
Xboxmediacenter.xml
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 09:11:00 PM »

How is everything organized?

Do you have:

E:\apps\app1\default.xbe
E:\apps\app2\default.xbe

etc?

Same with emulators?

Is that how it is organized?

Yes this is how it is organized.

What I didnt mention last time is that I was getting some odd behavior in that I would change the Games bookmark (though the name would still be games) but point it at my apps directory (E:\apps) and it would still show the Games directory ( or maybe it was cached somewhere).  Anyway all of my emulators and apps are called default.xbe.  When I get home from work I will attempt to delete the file you specified.

thanx   <

juan

• Archived User
Xboxmediacenter.xml
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 01:14:00 AM »

Sorry about my late response but deleting the myprograms3.db did the trick.  I was wondering why no one else seems to of run into this problem?  Oh welll thanks for the help much appreciated beerchug.gif   <

squisher

• Archived User
Xboxmediacenter.xml
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 10:01:00 AM »

<bookmark>
<name>Emulators</name>
</bookmark>

If that really is your code, you might want to change the <default> to <path> like it's supposed to be. ;-)

~Squisher  <

tslayer

• Archived User
Xboxmediacenter.xml
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2004, 11:26:00 AM »

Good catch Squisher!

TS
 <