xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Yes Pioneer 112 Is Ok (from What I Have Read)but What Version? Bk Or D  (Read 58 times)

mrgreaper

• Archived User

QUOTE(A|ex @ Feb 23 2007, 11:59 PM) *

Ive got my eye set on two dvd burners...

The: Pioneer DVR-112BK and the Pioneer DVR-112DBK

Which one is the better drive? as one is more expensive than the other by a small amount where as the other has an extra letter in.

im also curiouse about this and found this thread by searching for DVR-112DBK to see if its a combatable drive ( i have looked at the faq etc and it says DVR-112 is ok but there is a couple of versions of it (and its likely to be newest firmware) cdfreaks seems a bit confusing so i thought i would post and resurect this old thread in the hope that light will be shed
my old drive is errrm dying ( wont always eject sometimes grinds sometimes says its done but hasnt sometimes spits out disc before its finished poor thing is a couple of years old bless its heart) any advice greatly recieved

as always the first thing i did was look at the stickies then look at the faq that was unable to help me , so i did a search and found the post i quote above and made the post you see below it .....unfortunatly it was in the xbox1 section and i need one to burn xbox 360 files (i already have the kreon firmware samsung to read my discs) so i decided to post here in the equilevelent 360 section

cdfreaks was mentioned by a reply to the post but i couldnt find the information i need from there namely do both Pioneer DVR-112BK and the Pioneer DVR-112DBK  work for 360 backups ?either one better? will i need to downgrade the firmware on them ? thanks in advance for your time

dangerouseddy

• Archived User
Yes Pioneer 112 Is Ok (from What I Have Read)but What Version? Bk Or D
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 09:17:00 AM »

the 112dbk  does not have dvd ram writing or lightscribe capability. thats the only difference afaik.

both should work ok for burning backups, 1.22 is the latest firmware and probably the best to use.

This post has been edited by dangerouseddy: Oct 31 2007, 04:19 PM

mrgreaper

• Archived User
Yes Pioneer 112 Is Ok (from What I Have Read)but What Version? Bk Or D
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 09:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(dangerouseddy @ Oct 31 2007, 03:17 PM) *

the 112dbk  does not have dvd ram writing or lightscribe capability. thats the only difference afaik.

both should work ok for burning backups, 1.22 is the latest firmware and probably the best to use.

cool thank you for such prompt reply (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)