xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Problem Displaying Pictures  (Read 74 times)

abit late

• Archived User
Problem Displaying Pictures
« on: April 19, 2004, 07:55:00 AM »

(Updated)

I can no longer view my jpg files inside picture folders when streamed from the PC with ccX GUI.  MP3s in Music play fine when streamed.

If shared, XBMC can only read picture files that are smaller than 120kb.

The odd thing is yesterday all pics could be viewed with ccX GUI in a slideshow with no problems.

At first I thought that there might be a problem with ccX GUI so I downloaded it and started again with the same result.  Bigger pics display fine when FTP'd to the xbox HDD but they no longer open when shared from the PC.

Can I fix this?

Thanks
al

This post has been edited by abit late: Apr 19 2004, 06:58 PM <

abit late

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 12:00:00 PM »

Anyone?  <

beestea

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 12:59:00 PM »

QUOTE (abit late @ Apr 19 2004, 03:44 PM)

I can no longer view my jpg files inside picture folders when streamed from the PC with ccX GUI.  MP3s in Music play fine when streamed.

I had a similar problem as well.   I noticed that sometimes pictures load ok, and sometimes it hangs.  It seems to be related to what I have done in XMC before I go to view the pictures.

For instance, if i boot up the xbox, go to my photos, and try to pull up pictures from the network, I have no problem.

However, if i boot up the xbox, stream some music over the network, or even listen to shoutcast, then try to pull up some photos everything just hangs and I can hear the xbox harddrive thrashing.

I don't have a fix... but hopefully the new version of XMC that came out today might help.  <

abit late

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 01:31:00 PM »

Thanks for the input. Mine does it right from scratch. I'm wondering whether I need to clear cache files or something   <