xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xp Will Not Boot When Samsung Drive Connected  (Read 100 times)

DV8ORMODS

• Archived User
Xp Will Not Boot When Samsung Drive Connected
« on: September 28, 2006, 04:45:00 PM »

ok goto the sebsite of your sata drivers and update it this should fix your problem

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 12:23:00 AM »

having this exact same problem...

backed up godfather, still using one of the first xtreme FWs, and everything went alright, PC was a little more sluggish than normal. Also just recently installed XP pro.

anyways, backed it up and worked fine, then i went to try another game (enchanted arms, dont bother playing it...) and all of a sudden its not showing up in XP, so i stumble upon this thread that says to update drivers, so i do,  now i have your exact problem... freezes at windows load screen.

so then i update to xtreme 3.3 with no problems, hoping to resolve the issue, which it doesnt.

360 is connected and on right now, after uninstalling the latest drivers, and removing from device manager.

any ideas?

My Mobo

DV8ORMODS

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 03:25:00 AM »

It has to do with the drivers  its either update or rollback the drivers this solved my sata problem which was
i needed updated drivers some say to roll back drivers and see what happens

Jelly4000

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 04:24:00 AM »

I may be misunderstanding the problem here, but i have a similar problem when i have a USB memory card plugged into my pc at bootup. It tries to boot from the card, and hangs for around 25 minutes, then boots as normal from HDD 0. My dad also recently had the same problem, and it was again a weird external USB DVD burner.

Have a look at your bios options if you're up to it. See if your HDD is the top boot device. If not, it could be trying to boot from the DVD drive and taking ages.

I would only recommend changing anything if you know what you're doing, and someone confirms what i have said, i am not 100% sure, but it worked for me.

m0z

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 04:45:00 PM »

use a sata-usb adapter

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 11:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(m0z @ Sep 29 2006, 04:52 PM) View Post
use a sata-usb adapter

its just as easy for my to sit my 360 next to me pc which already has an sata cable coming out of it.

i know this method works, but i was using windows 2k until a week or so ago.

worked the first time, now nothing.... are other people having success using windows XP and 0800 disk?

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 10:17:00 PM »

im really hoping to see a solution to this, as many of us are experiencing the same exact problem.

windows update?
360 update?

dunno... if anything id suspect windows update, but im used to using 2k, so who knows.

solution = uhh.gif

heartofalion

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 10:56:00 PM »

i had a problem similar and i had to disconnect my other DVD drives before boot

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 01:03:00 PM »

no dice.. disconnected DVD drive and same thing mostly.

it does actually boot into windows with no lag or anything, but the drive does not show up in my computer.

also, hitting the eject button on the 360 makes the power light flash once real quick, but it does not open.

50 brownie points to whoever helps me, well us solve this.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 01:27:00 PM »

talk about a fuxxed up solution.

dont know if it has anything to do with my dvd drive being unplugged, but heres how i got it recognized.

boot 360
load 0800 disk
wait 5 seconds, remove.
boot pc into xp
open my computer - no drive...

--------------------

with computer still on, i shut down the 360 (wouldnt respond to eject)
turned the 360 back on with windows still loaded up, inserted 0800 disk for 5 seconds, removed, nothing.
went to device manager, right click my computer name "scan for hardware changes" and it found it.

i dont know if its recommended to shut down the 360 and turn it back on while connected to pc, but it worked for me... no, i dont think sata is hot swappable... oh well... lets see if this backup works.

DV8ORMODS

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 05:30:00 PM »

illusions of the grander thats alot of steps to get it to work i never had to that to geta sammy recognised sucks to be you that sammy drive is bitch to get recognised
I am learning that not all 360 drives are the same that matters is that its working good deal

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 09:48:00 PM »

it worked by the way, first stealth backup ive made.

Spookman

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2006, 11:11:00 AM »

Ok, update with the samsung problem. I can now get windows to boot with no lag and it runs ok. To do this i had to reconnect all my other drives back up and run pooter as normal.
Drive is visible in bios and POST checks it ok on start up. Just need the 0800 disc now to be able to see it in windows. Everywhere i go for dvd+r dual layer discs is sold out. Will report again as soon as i get my hands on some