xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Plextor Px-760a + Verbatim Photo Printable 2.4x  (Read 23 times)

rubendt

• Archived User
Plextor Px-760a + Verbatim Photo Printable 2.4x
« on: August 18, 2006, 10:09:00 AM »

I just bought a Pioneer 111d and everything is working fine now. I guess the plextor isn't able too burn good copies for the 360...

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 12:58:00 PM »

Nah, it could be the firmware revision.  However, I agree that the Plextor burners (DVD Burners) are horribly overrated.  It's amazing what you can do with drives like the Pioneer 111D, Benq 1640, 1650 and 1655 when you compare features/performance to the cost.  It's why you don't see nearly as many Plextor DVD Burners selling as you do Pioneer or Benq.

WinbonD

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 01:39:00 PM »

there goes another plextor to my non working list,

and why do these drives cost so much?

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 11:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(WinbonD @ Aug 18 2006, 08:46 PM) View Post

there goes another plextor to my non working list,

and why do these drives cost so much?

Simple, they built a huge reputation for themselves with their CD Burners.  Well known for being a top notch quality drive manufacturer (not to mention they tend to last forever).  So when it came to DVD Burners they figured they could slack off a bit and let their name sell themselves.  Think of it like Honda.  Don't get me wrong their cars are still pretty decent machines but they certainly aren't the durable machines that they were producing in the early to mid 80s when they were still trying to prove themselves to the world.  

rubendt

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 10:21:00 AM »

itismejoshd: I didn't try to create an iso myself, I got some pre patched iso's from someone else, I'm not gonna try rip and burn with my plextor cause I almost know for sure I'm gonna waste another verbatim disc.
I got garyopa2.1 to work, just put the drive in mode B with the crosswire trick, unpacked the firmware directory and runned the batch file. My drive is a Hitachi 46dh..