xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Backups Freezing  (Read 149 times)

Havok

• Archived User
Backups Freezing
« on: June 19, 2006, 12:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(tacotaco5 @ Jun 19 2006, 04:56 PM) View Post

All,

I have a 360 with samsung drive in it. I have made several backups (of games i already own). The issue is some of the backed up games freeze at various times. The console is sitting in a well ventilated areas.

I have the latest XBOX360 updates.
Burner: NEC 3500AG with Liggy/Dee's 2.1B FW Bitsetting to DVD-ROM for DVD+R DL.
Media:  Playo 2-2.4X DVD+R DL

What gives?

Is it overheating/media? or something elses?

TIA

Its the cheap media you are using most likely...

AssyrianKing

• Archived User
Backups Freezing
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 07:33:00 AM »

I am also getting this freezing on my backup of burnout revenge and quake 4...........

I used intact dvd brand for these 2 and the video intro on burnout is jittery n slow, and always freezes at certain point in game when racing... and quake 4 freezes at a certain level load and says press a to conitnue but nothing happens.

most of my other games are all backed up on verbatims... there all perfect n ok! so i thought ok maybe the intact media is shit, so i got more verbatims and reburnt burnout revenge and it still is jittery n freezes in middle of race, i did burn at 6x tho but i doubt this is problem? i have few other games backed up on verbs @ 6x and even 8x and there fine!

Anyone got ideas. Anyone burnt burnout revenge on verb media and is smooth? and what speed did you burn at?

koma_kino

• Archived User
Backups Freezing
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 08:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(AssyrianKing @ Jun 22 2006, 02:40 PM) View Post

I am also getting this freezing on my backup of burnout revenge and quake 4...........

I used intact dvd brand for these 2 and the video intro on burnout is jittery n slow, and always freezes at certain point in game when racing... and quake 4 freezes at a certain level load and says press a to conitnue but nothing happens.

most of my other games are all backed up on verbatims... there all perfect n ok! so i thought ok maybe the intact media is shit, so i got more verbatims and reburnt burnout revenge and it still is jittery n freezes in middle of race, i did burn at 6x tho but i doubt this is problem? i have few other games backed up on verbs @ 6x and even 8x and there fine!

Anyone got ideas. Anyone burnt burnout revenge on verb media and is smooth? and what speed did you burn at?

I had problems with Burnout too (not loading levels - getting URD error etc). I solved them by burning another copy at 1x. Took ages but it worked. I'm using Ridisc DL.

I think some games have a file system that is all over the place and a 'thin' burn can cause timeouts.....

AssyrianKing

• Archived User
Backups Freezing
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 03:46:00 PM »

hmmm i'll try reburning tonight at 1x on the intact media (i have no more verbs), i don't think my iso is badly ripped.... i don't think there is much chance of that happening. looks like i will be burning all my future backups at 1x.