xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Anyone Having Trouble With Lg Burners  (Read 288 times)

speedspeed

• Archived User
Anyone Having Trouble With Lg Burners
« on: June 18, 2006, 02:05:00 PM »

here
lg gsa-4120b
works for me without changing anything

cja100

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 02:40:00 PM »

so what media are you using?

offical firmware?

vish24

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 03:00:00 PM »

i also want to know if anybody had any success and with what firmware i have a LG GSA-4163b
EDIT: "speedspeed" r u playing the backups on a samsung or hitachi drive?

lord^infamous

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 03:06:00 PM »

I'm usings the LG GSA-H10L and it works like a champs.  I took it out of the box and slapped it in and the first burn worked perfectly without any driver updates or booktype settings.  I wouldn't blame the burner just yet.  I'd make sure your backup was correctly made and maybe some different media.  There have been many people saying the Hitachi doesn't like DVD+R DL media, so it wouldn't hurt to try some Verbatims.

vish24

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 03:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(Semmel @ Jun 18 2006, 05:14 PM) View Post

I also have the LG GSA-4163b
It works with the standard firmware... I didnt upgrade anything. Burning Verbatim at 2.4x and I have a Samsung drive

cia100, maybe the media is causing the problems. What error do you get when putting the dvd into the xbox?

Have you heard of anybody having success with a LG burner with a hitachi? Just want to know before wasting expensive dl's.

speedspeed

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 03:26:00 PM »

i use stock firmware
i use verbatim
but i have a sammy

adrianhelles

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 03:56:00 PM »

hi everybody from Canaries Island.

Are you talking to play backups on hitachi aren´t  yu?

well, thats new rolleyes.gif  for me ,i didn´t know LG burners works to make copies

the thing is im reading you taking about model LG GSA-4163b and i wondering if my lg GWA-4164B works as well?

is there any differents between these burners?, coz i i´ve looked in the official lg page and it dosn´t mencion it. I boutgh it with my computer las months, but i don´t even know if it is a new model or not.

Can anybody help me. thanks you mates.

vish24

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 04:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(adrianhelles @ Jun 18 2006, 06:03 PM) View Post

hi everybody from Canaries Island.

Are you talking to play backups on hitachi aren´t  yu?

well, thats new rolleyes.gif  for me ,i didn´t know LG burners works to make copies

the thing is im reading you taking about model LG GSA-4163b and i wondering if my lg GWA-4164B works as well?

is there any differents between these burners?, coz i i´ve looked in the official lg page and it dosn´t mencion it. I boutgh it with my computer las months, but i don´t even know if it is a new model or not.
Can anybody help me. thanks you mates.

I have only heard 2 people say that backups made with LG burners do not work with the Hitachi drive but they seem to work fine with the samsung. If you have a samsung you should be fine but if you got a Hitachi, either wait for a firmware update(common C4E) or go out and buy a Pioneer 110D or 111D. For media everybody is having the most success with verbatim's.

adrianhelles

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 04:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(vish24 @ Jun 18 2006, 11:13 PM) View Post

I have only heard 2 people say that backups made with LG burners do not work with the Hitachi drive but they seem to work fine with the samsung. If you have a samsung you should be fine but if you got a Hitachi, either wait for a firmware update(common C4E) or go out and buy a Pioneer 110D or 111D. For media everybody is having the most success with verbatim's.

yes ive got an hitachi sad.gif  well i guess i´ll go out an buy a pionner, anyway it doesnt seem to be too expensive.

thank you  for answer  so quick.

djvj

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 05:27:00 PM »

I have the same burner as speedspeed and im using the A117 (latest) firmware from http://tdb.rpc1.org/
so far I have tried 3 diff backups with no success on my hitachi drive. Thinking of getting a new burner now...

cja100

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 12:04:00 AM »

adrianhelles: Q i dont think there will be much of a difference between the LG GSA-4163b and the lg GWA-4164B, so they will both work or they both wont.

Semmel Q: i get a dirty disc error everytime.

so the people having success with lg burners are using verbatim media?

looks like i'll buy some of that before getting a Pioneer.

ill let you know how i get on.

cja100

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 06:27:00 AM »

so i got some verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL Printable, but no luck dirty disk error. so im begining to think its my LG GSA-H10A drive.

i have the latest stock firmware but should i try the danergous brothers firmware? would it make a difference?

cja100

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 05:12:00 AM »

bought and burned with Pioneer DVR-111D and it works!

boots first time with verbatim media

so it was my LG burner that was the problem

Xcitedguy

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 09:09:00 AM »

I have a LG GSA-4166B burner and  none of my backups worked with the Hiatchi drive, today I will be receiving my Pioneer 111D drive i ordered from newegg, hopefully this will fix my problem, I will post back with results...