xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Finally - Success With Backups On Hitachi  (Read 281 times)

Tomobobo

• Archived User
Finally - Success With Backups On Hitachi
« on: June 16, 2006, 09:00:00 AM »

Sounds pretty lame.  You gotta play matchmaker with dvd burner and media.  Everyone's going arround saying it's the firmwares fault, and I'm starting to belive it.  It truly sucks when you're spending more money on coasters than the game's actually worth.  It's like, go buy a back up, and save yourself the stress.

But I guess, if it's worth a shot, what dvd burner you got?

syntaxerror329

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 09:04:00 AM »

If the booktype is wrong then i am surprised these disks will work on the samsung. I have never gotten a disk to boot with wrong booktype. Those all went into garbage. I then went out and bought a Pioneer 111. Best thing i ever did. Booktype is forced to DVD-ROM by default. (i dont think i can change it even if i want to)

Tomobobo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 09:55:00 AM »

Well, wish me luck.  I've got a liteon 1633s.  Using verbatum.  I'm gonna try nero, clonecd killed 2 of my last media.  It was gay.

joske666

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 12:04:00 PM »

I just got a samsung SH-S162 and guess what? it doesn't support bitsettings, so i can't change my booktype  grr.gif

If anyone could help me out here with some firmware that can fix the problem, i would be VERY gratefull,

Thanks in advance...

a94cobra

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 02:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Jun 16 2006, 04:11 PM) View Post

If the booktype is wrong then i am surprised these disks will work on the samsung. I have never gotten a disk to boot with wrong booktype. Those all went into garbage. I then went out and bought a Pioneer 111. Best thing i ever did. Booktype is forced to DVD-ROM by default. (i dont think i can change it even if i want to)

I have a Samsung and didn't set the book type on any of my first backups and they work.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 04:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(a94cobra @ Dec 23 2006, 10:08 AM) View Post

I have a Samsung and didn't set the book type on any of my first backups and they work.

Which drive do you have?  (DVD Burner wise)  As mentioned above some burners will autoset the booktype to DVD-ROM for you before burning.

rahula

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 09:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(joske666 @ Jun 16 2006, 10:11 AM) View Post

I just got a samsung SH-S162 and guess what? it doesn't support bitsettings, so i can't change my booktype  grr.gif

If anyone could help me out here with some firmware that can fix the problem, i would be VERY gratefull,

Thanks in advance...

I got the same external samsung SH-S162L. I don't even have to set book type to dvd-rom. I use Imgburn and works everytimes. Even cheap Ritek DVD+R DL.

pcrat

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 12:40:00 PM »

about 2 years ago i bought an HPdvd 640 from walmart, dual layer burner with lightscribe, thought that was pretty neat then. would be nice if they came out with firmwares for more than just a few pc dvd drives.
so ya dont have to keep taking out the dvd drive out of the 360, but when i get some extra cash i guess i can do that,

was going to firmware the 360 today, but since i have no dual layers disc's at the moment, gonna have to wait. xmas took all the funds lol.

and i have the damn hitachi, so it wont support single layer backups,  mad.gif

cant wait until it does support them.