xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 360 Disc Ripping On A Pc  (Read 300 times)

tigermain

• Archived User
360 Disc Ripping On A Pc
« on: June 01, 2006, 05:17:00 AM »

No please excuse my ignorance and maybe Im asking a stupid question but....

What is so special about the dvd roms that are in the 360 that make them different to the same off the shelf version that would go in a pc??

Is it not just the firmware that allows them to read the 360 discs? (as proved with the Xtreme hack).

So therefore wouldnt it be possible to produce some new firmwares for "similar" standard issue PC DVD roms to allow them to read a 360 disc?

Therefore we could buy say another similar tos / sam drive and apply the firmware then use that for reading and ripping 360 disks?

X-Clusion

• Archived User
360 Disc Ripping On A Pc
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 06:01:00 AM »

What you're actually trying to say is, if it would be possible to flash a Toshiba or samsung (PC)drive with the Xtreme0800 firmware so we wouldn't need to open the 360 to backup a disc?

I have an LG right here so if the Hitachi/LG FW comes, I can test it with that...

But I hope someone can test this with a sumsung first

Morninglight

• Archived User
360 Disc Ripping On A Pc
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 05:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(tigermain @ Jun 1 2006, 12:17 PM) View Post

No please excuse my ignorance and maybe Im asking a stupid question but....

What is so special about the dvd roms that are in the 360 that make them different to the same off the shelf version that would go in a pc??

I was thinking the same thing, what is so special about the XBOX360 DVDs (apart from the SS)

I'm dumping COD2 as we speak with my Lite-on DVD burner with ISObuster. I've set the LBA length to the same as in the tutorials for ripping with a 360 DVD... I have extracted the SS already so I'm going to give it a shot  unsure.gif

it's 74% done atm... file = 5.5gb

Is this a waste of a blank DVD DL or.....  huh.gif

[edit]
mmh.. I've got a 7GB file filled with, nothing  dry.gif

I think it's time for a good night  sleeping.gif  rolleyes.gif

tigermain

• Archived User
360 Disc Ripping On A Pc
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 01:11:00 AM »

Glad Im not the only one thinking this then.

Anyone with a bit more knowledge fancy commenting??

tigermain

• Archived User
360 Disc Ripping On A Pc
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 01:57:00 AM »

Is this really such a far fetched idea?? Anyone with a bit more knowledge fancy commenting and putting this to bed for me?!?!