xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is It Possible To Switch Pc Headset With 360 Headset?  (Read 47 times)

Yomoska

• Archived User
Is It Possible To Switch Pc Headset With 360 Headset?
« on: January 28, 2009, 12:20:00 PM »

Title kind of vague, but my 360 wired headset kind of broke and the only way to wear it is to tape it together and after awhile it will just come apart again. I was wondering if it was possible to switch the wiring with my PC headset (which is a lot tougher) so I can plug it into my 360 and make the PC headset mic work? Here's a pic of what I got.

PC headset and 360 headset

Also, sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

Yomoska

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 05:29:00 PM »

Nevermind I found out.

After

This post has been edited by Yomoska: Jan 29 2009, 01:34 AM

Mr. Hankey

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 12:22:00 PM »

That picture looks like you're using your PC headset for chat only. That means you'll have both ears covered but you still have to hear the game audio coming out of your speakers!

You can use your PC headset as an XBOX gaming headset with game audio and chat mix by using one of these: XJacker: Turn any PC headset into a XBOX gaming headset with game audio and chat

Since you probably have speakers with a headphone output, you probably want a basic kit. If you wanted to connect directly to your console, you can get the direct kit. And, if you want it louder, you can get the amp kit. In other words, you have a lot of options to turn your PC headset into a full XBOX gaming headset.

Just my 2 cents.