xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sound But No Video In Hd, Both In Tv Mode  (Read 44 times)

pchop6t9

• Archived User
Sound But No Video In Hd, Both In Tv Mode
« on: January 04, 2009, 05:44:00 PM »

I have an old xbox 360 that has been working fine and all. I decided to put artic silver on top of the gpu and cpu and while takeing out the x clamps i scratched the mother board. Luckly it still works with the regular A/v cables yellow white and red. No errors at all, but when i put it on HDTV with the component cables i get no video but still get sound and no red ring error. I have changed the settings in the system and even bought a new component wire but the exact same problem. No video just audio. I am wondering if the scrath i have on the board could be the problem that is causing this. The scrath is rite under the ANA chip which i have read is the hardware scaler chip. I have taken a picture of the scrath it is attached. Can you please tell me what i can do to solve this problem. Or who i can go to repair this problem? i live in toronto by the way.IPB Image

hewhoroams

• Archived User
Sound But No Video In Hd, Both In Tv Mode
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 07:34:00 PM »

I'm having this same issue, weird. I actually thought the whole video GPU was toast and I didn't try the SD output until i read this, thanks!

if there's a fix for this, I would love to know. I just finished the RROD fix as well