xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 360 Boots Fine With Sound, But No Video  (Read 37 times)

Tappo

• Archived User
360 Boots Fine With Sound, But No Video
« on: November 15, 2008, 09:36:00 AM »

Had no sound or video, which was solved by doing the RROD fix.

mlfdco4

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 08:28:00 PM »

I am having the same problem out of nowhere.  Since I have owned my Xbox 360 (4 years) I have never connected to the Internet once; so I do not think it has anything to do with Microsoft.   Also, I have two sets of AV cables for my 360 and tested using both cables on two different TV's with same results.  Sound works perfectly fine, but I get absolutely no video.  

I was playing a game and my Xbox 360 was working fine, then I swapped games and the console's load screen started showing patches of green (which I had never seen before) and then the game's load screen kept going from normal to a green screen.  I thought it was the game messing up, so I put back in the original game I was playing and I got a black screen.  I tried a bunch of different games and DVD's and I cannot get any video.  

I am thinking that maybe the GPU went bad?  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

nufcme

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 12:28:00 PM »

Similar to the RROD.  I got this 4 month ago and fixed by replacing xclamps......
Its back again! Fixed again but only worked for an hour.

I beleive the problem to be the solder joints on the gpu, the reason replacing the xclams work! (For a period of time)

Bin time for mine I think!  mad.gif