xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cheap Component Cables?  (Read 65 times)

Tiuk

• Archived User
Cheap Component Cables?
« on: April 22, 2008, 06:16:00 PM »

Hey all. I'm getting a 37" LCD TV and I don't have component cables. I do have the VGA cable for the 360, which I'm going to try, but I've heard complaints of it looking washed out on certain TVs. If I don't like the way it looks, should I go with MS's component cables, or are the cheaper versions (Intec and the like) just as good?

Millerboy3

• Archived User
Cheap Component Cables?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 10:45:00 PM »

i had some M$ component cables that are brand new never opened or used! got it with my new xbox TODAY actually!  i can get you some pix and even the packing slip that shows i got it today!  lemme kno by pm or email which might be a bit faster!

brandogg

• Archived User
Cheap Component Cables?
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 10:54:00 PM »

This isn't the BST forum. Anyway, there isn't going to be too big of a difference between the M$ cables and other 3rd parties - Intec typically makes pretty decent stuff. I'd stick with VGA, it's going to give you the same image quality (provided it's the official cable) as component, and the possibility of 1:1 pixel mapping.

Tiuk

• Archived User
Cheap Component Cables?
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 02:46:00 AM »

Thanks for the tip. Turns out my friend he has a set that he doesn't use (he has hdmi), so if I do decide to go with component I can just use those.