xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Did My Cpu Burn To Dead?  (Read 36 times)

Wilhelm_I

• Archived User
Did My Cpu Burn To Dead?
« on: March 18, 2008, 11:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(ADM-86 @ Mar 18 2008, 08:03 AM) View Post

Ok I recently got the RRoD, so I decided to do the Xclamp myself(well my bro and I actually) and after we bought and prepared everything we need it for the Xclamp, we came to this "issue"...a stain on the cpu. I have no idea if it means that its dead or if its something common or non important?

What I am trying to say or ask is, has somebody ever seen this? what did you do? what is it? is it fixable?

IPB Image

IPB Image

Your help would be much appreciated.

I dont think it burned to death...
What did you use to clean the cpu die? Maybe this caused this stain?
I would also be nice whats our secondary error code as you could determine if it is really a cpu problem...

brandogg

• Archived User
Did My Cpu Burn To Dead?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 10:35:00 PM »

0020 isn't overheating, and your console is most likely fine. This should be in the general hardware forum though. That's one of the cleanest CPUs I've ever seen, btw.

Wilhelm_I

• Archived User
Did My Cpu Burn To Dead?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 08:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(ADM-86 @ Mar 19 2008, 07:59 AM) View Post

You are right 0020 is (Not yet known, possibly overheating) now I only have to wait for the mx-2 that I ordered on ebay to get here and try doing the xclamp to see if it works, anyway I hope you are right, coz my only other option is sending it to Microsoft to see if by any chance they take and change it ph34r.gif .

Again, thanks for the help. happy.gif

I suppose 0020 is a problem with a cracked/cold solder joint below the CPU as a guy accidently damaged a capacitor on the CPU and after that it showed this errorcode
you should try to do the x-clamp replacement for the CPU if they dont take it back

ADM-86

• Archived User
Did My Cpu Burn To Dead?
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 05:20:00 PM »

Ok at last the thermal paste arrived(mx-2) and I was able to build the xbox 360 again, following the x-clamp instructions,so far everything is perfect and its working like its supposed to smile.gif .

If anyone encounters a stain like this one just relax its nothing serious sleep.gif(btw my error code was 0020) , anyway I wanted to thank everyone for helping me out and for sharing your knowledge with me, I highly appreciated . wink.gif