xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Video Problem -  (Read 34 times)

Naru

• Archived User
Video Problem -
« on: October 13, 2007, 01:09:00 AM »

I have been through these forums, front to back. Some have a problem close to mine, but none have the same exact problem.

The xbox was given to me broken. No picture or sound. video connections are good. He pulled it apart and voided the warranty. Here's the problem. I turn it on, it sounds like it's loading fine. I get no picture but have gotten sound on occasion. On the TV I see little purple dots runnin diagonally across my screen, they stop when the box is turned off. I switch to HD on the cable, the picture flickers, then I get little bold purple lines that run across diagonally.

My problem lies in the fact the xbox sees nothing wrong internally. No red lights yet still no picture and sometimes sound. I am really shooting in the dark here.

I do not get the red ring of death.

My cables are plugged in correctly.

My video settings have been reset.

I have tried different cables.

I have not tried any of the "quick" fixes, such as the "eraser/penny" trick, the "towel" trick, or the "Heat gun" trick.

There's got to be someone out there who knows what's going on with my system.

Thanks in advance!

lightning666

• Archived User
Video Problem -
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 08:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(Naru @ Oct 13 2007, 08:09 AM) View Post

I have been through these forums, front to back. Some have a problem close to mine, but none have the same exact problem.

The xbox was given to me broken. No picture or sound. video connections are good. He pulled it apart and voided the warranty. Here's the problem. I turn it on, it sounds like it's loading fine. I get no picture but have gotten sound on occasion. On the TV I see little purple dots runnin diagonally across my screen, they stop when the box is turned off. I switch to HD on the cable, the picture flickers, then I get little bold purple lines that run across diagonally.

My problem lies in the fact the xbox sees nothing wrong internally. No red lights yet still no picture and sometimes sound. I am really shooting in the dark here.

I do not get the red ring of death.

My cables are plugged in correctly.

My video settings have been reset.

I have tried different cables.

I have not tried any of the "quick" fixes, such as the "eraser/penny" trick, the "towel" trick, or the "Heat gun" trick.

There's got to be someone out there who knows what's going on with my system.

Thanks in advance!

I have the exact same problem. I was watching a DVD, the movie cut out the pink squares the sound flickered from left to right and then...... silence!!!

I am waiting to get x-box to fix the issue, but I would speculate a graphics card failure. I use high end PC's for reservoir modeling. Graphic card errors usually look like that. Especially ATI cards (from my experience). They are total crap. That's what the 360's run on; because Nvidia wouldn't give a volume discount.