xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Best Tv For The 360 Taking In Count Refresh Rates (lag)  (Read 47 times)

bidomo

• Archived User
Best Tv For The 360 Taking In Count Refresh Rates (lag)
« on: October 03, 2007, 09:53:00 PM »

hi Everyone!

I'm seriously thinking in getting a new TV, there are multiple options, so I want to know what's better for me...

I have a core System (which has become in a Premium, even original silver plate) with VGA Mod, I'm planning on getting an Elite and one of the other consoles, from the Competence (Ps3), so I'll be using a completely set of inputs in the TV...

Well, both of the TVs in my Job (Game Planet, something like GameStop) have some kind of lag...
When I try to play Gears of war, a delay is very appreciable, so A locust alreade killed me.
In the case of Guitar hero, The Tv can be adjusted.

So which is the best bet for a new tv? Plasma, LCD or CRT??

bidomo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 01:04:00 AM »

Please respond sad.gif

I'm going the Samsung way cos someone told me is better for gamming, the less lag possible.

Navillos

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 08:27:00 AM »

a 720p CRT would be best but they are hard to find. that way the tv nor the console has to upscale or downscale, because the 360 is 720p nativly. but the only bad thing about crt's is they weigh like 200lbs in the 30 something inch category.

This post has been edited by Navillos: Yesterday, 04:29 PM

FoxRacR17

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 10:49:00 AM »

I got THIS tv and it is great!  It has 3 hdmi inputs, resolution of 1366x738, has a game mode so that there is less of a delay between input of 360 and tv (makes sensitivity of 3 on halo 2 feel like a 6 or something), it also has 1:1 pixel mapping (or on the tv is called "native) so there is no overscan and you see the WHOLE picture.  The colors are great, i just freakin love this tv.  I have my elite hooked up thru HDMI with the 360 outputting 1080P and i'm letting the tv downscale it to 1366x768 and it looks great!

bidomo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 10:04:00 PM »

I must Accept, is not the first time...

Didn't noticed the new section for HDTV in the forums, please forget this...

Anyway, thanks, I've got my eye in the same as FoxRacR17, thanks for the info

SphtKr76

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 04:46:00 PM »

If you are buying a 720p TV that has a native res of 1366x768, make sure it has a VGA input and will do 1:1 mapping over VGA. This way you will avoid double scaling which can introduce jaggies and other unwanted artifacts. Most of the lesser expensive LCD's have poor scalers, so you want to let the 360 do any scaling if necessary. What size of TV are you looking to buy and how much you wanna spend. I own 4, 2 LCD's, 1 DLP, and one CRT. They all have their pros and cons.....

FoxRacR17

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 07:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(SphtKr76 @ Oct 16 2007, 12:22 AM) View Post

If you are buying a 720p TV that has a native res of 1366x768, make sure it has a VGA input and will do 1:1 mapping over VGA. This way you will avoid double scaling which can introduce jaggies and other unwanted artifacts. Most of the lesser expensive LCD's have poor scalers, so you want to let the 360 do any scaling if necessary. What size of TV are you looking to buy and how much you wanna spend. I own 4, 2 LCD's, 1 DLP, and one CRT. They all have their pros and cons.....

That toshiba has a "native" mode which is the exact same thing as 1:1 pixel mapping.  I know it does it over HDMI but i am unsure if it does it over vga.  I'll go hook up my MS VGA cable that i use to use on my monitor to the tv and see if it does the same.  I'll post back later.