xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Tv Without Component Connections...  (Read 39 times)

SphtKr76

• Archived User
Tv Without Component Connections...
« on: September 09, 2007, 02:33:00 PM »

I didn't see in the specs where it showed any of th PC input specs, but it does say it supports 720p and 1080i, so I imagine that it would accept 720p through the component>VGA adapter.

SphtKr76

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 05:17:00 PM »

The only real benefit you will see by going to a VGA cable IMO is the ability to upscale DVD's.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 11:24:00 AM »

component -> VGA adapters are usually only for Displays where they were too cheap to put normal component inputs so they dual purpose the VGA port to handle both... it's not actually converting it to VGA just using specified pins for component video

if you were to plug that adapter on a normal VGA monitor it would not work.

My old DLP projector (as most older projectors) works the same way.

With that said all you need to hook it up to your 360 is a set of Female to female RCA adapters also known as  "barrel plugs" because they're shaped like a little barrel  (I think they look more like a log personally laugh.gif )

IPB Image

I would NOT recommend the use of an Xbox 360 VGA cable with that TV because the Xbox will output a signal in a 4:3 aspect ratio so everything you play or view will look like a "full screen" picture that has been stretched out to "widescreen"

you're better off getting the barrel plugs and setting your output t 720p beerchug.gif

threedots_dead

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 03:26:00 PM »

BTW, hereĀ“s the full system specs if that might help:
http://www.amazon.co...7844540-2462862