xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Issues With Vga On My Xbox 360  (Read 38 times)

pwnsauce319

• Archived User
Issues With Vga On My Xbox 360
« on: August 21, 2007, 07:14:00 PM »

Well, after playing with component cables since the console's release, i heard VGA gives a noticeable, even if slight, increase in video quality over component. So I purchased microsoft's official VGA 360 cables. Almost everything works perfectly, except a few small things which bug me. first of all, when I play games the entire screen doesnt get filled. It leaves about 3-4 inch black bars on the top, bottom, and sides of the picture. Then, when I play dvd's they dont play in wide screen, and when I use the zoom function, the picture gets cut off. Are there any fixes to either of these two issues? Sorry if I sound like a noob. My TV is a 56" Samsung DLP with 1080p.

This post has been edited by pwnsauce319: Aug 22 2007, 02:16 AM

SphtKr76

• Archived User
Issues With Vga On My Xbox 360
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 08:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(pwnsauce319 @ Aug 21 2007, 07:14 PM) View Post

Well, after playing with component cables since the console's release, i heard VGA gives a noticeable, even if slight, increase in video quality over component. So I purchased microsoft's official VGA 360 cables. Almost everything works perfectly, except a few small things which bug me. first of all, when I play games the entire screen doesnt get filled. It leaves about 3-4 inch black bars on the top, bottom, and sides of the picture. Then, when I play dvd's they dont play in wide screen, and when I use the zoom function, the picture gets cut off. Are there any fixes to either of these two issues? Sorry if I sound like a noob. My TV is a 56" Samsung DLP with 1080p.

Samsung DLP's auto set the image size to 92% when using the VGA (PC) input. Just hit the little black buttons under the "p.size" button on your remote. This will allow you to expand the image to fill the screen, and no you will not have any noticeable loss in quality by doing this. Make sure your 360 is set to 1920x1080 in the system blade. DVD's should play in widescreen just fine this way, and why are you zooming in? What kind of movies are you watching anyways uhh.gif  biggrin.gif