xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Alternative Do I Have?  (Read 63 times)

tornadog

• Archived User
What Alternative Do I Have?
« on: September 20, 2006, 03:37:00 PM »

I have a strange problem. With my 19" LCD monitor I was getting headaches after playing on it for more than an hour. With the 32" Viewsonic LCD Monitor it would happen if I played for 20 minutes. The colors seem too intense for me and despite turning brightness to zero it didn t help much. So now what alternative do I have, I am currently running it off my 21" CRT monitor and have had no problems, but its a really old one and color looks washed out.

hignaki

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 08:49:00 PM »

Yes, I would definitely reccomend seeing a doctor if an LCD screen gives you headaches and other issues.  It could be an indicator to a more serous problem.

Jelly4000

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 04:54:00 AM »

Yeah, go to a doctor. You can also help this by adjusting the lighting in the room (as already stated). One of mt mates get small headaches when playing in a dark room, but not when in a brightly lit room. It;s the contrast between the screen and the surroundings methinks. To be fair, this is in the days when we used to spend all day playing halo nonstop, so it's kind of an extreme example.

hignaki

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 06:08:00 PM »

And also, you may try changing the type of lighting in the room.  I hate incandescent lights, but love the "bluish" flourescent lights.   The ones that are meant to replicate a sunny day (64K?) flourescent lights irritate me.

tornadog

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 09:20:00 AM »

Havent seen a doctor yet, but have been using a IBM 22" CRT monitor and I havent heard any problems since.

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 12:52:00 PM »

whats the response time of the LCD??

just because your eyes cant see the blur your brain can which can result in headaches with lcdpanels with longer response time

tornadog

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 01:40:00 PM »

it was 8ms