xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Help With Xbox Surround Sound  (Read 96 times)

yukkerz

• Archived User
Need Help With Xbox Surround Sound
« on: September 12, 2006, 09:12:00 PM »

Ok i just got 5.1 surround sound speakers for my pc. I want a sound card that will do surround sound for not only my pc but i also want to hook my 360 up to it also so i can do surround sound. Do they make something like that. Like a sound card with an extra input like fiber optic.

OfficerMac

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 11:21:00 PM »

What kind of surround sound is it?

I have a logitech 5.1 that has three male headphone jacks.  I bought a 2 Male RCA to 1 Female Headphone jack converter and ran it through my tv.  Hope this helps

yukkerz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 11:41:00 PM »

it is logitech that has 3 male jacks (front, back, and center) I play my 360 on my pc monitor and switch back and forth on there. I just want to be able to use my pc and when i want to play my 360 i want the surround sound to work on there.

right now i have it so it works all togeather at one. RCA to 1/8th inch. However its not surround sound

C o s m o

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 08:09:00 AM »

Moving to A/V Technical

ash1471

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 04:46:00 PM »

I use these.

http://www.microdire...a...1&GroupID=0

Just get a Stereo Phono to Stereo Jack adaptor and plug it in aux. Also make sure you put your 360 on 5.1 works great on 360 and PC. And for the money the sound is amazing smile.gif

yukkerz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 04:50:00 PM »

ya but that still isn't true 5.1 surround sound is it?

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 08:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(ash1471 @ Sep 13 2006, 04:02 PM) View Post

Correct me if im wrong but the 360 has a built in 5.1 decoder so yes it is wink.gif

Sounds come from behind me when playing blazing angles when a plane is behind me and as it passes it goes to the front speakers so it seems ok to me smile.gif

You can get Dolby ProLogic II from analog, but not Dolby Digital.  Even with PLII your soundsystem would have to be compatible with that format in order to place the sound in the correct channels.  The 360 doesn't really decode anything, it just outputs a signal format (pro logic ii or Dolby digital) and it's your receiver's/soundsystem's job to decode it.