xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Plasma Or Projector For Hd Gaming With The 360  (Read 110 times)

xboxmodder4life

• Archived User
Plasma Or Projector For Hd Gaming With The 360
« on: August 28, 2006, 09:29:00 AM »

BEfore i opened the topic i was going to recommend the ae900 over a plasma and seeing that your actaully looking at that model. I would say you've probally done some research. The people over at avsforum.com recommend the ae900 over the other 720p projectors in that price range.

If you can control the amount of light in the room your going to use it and have ~12feet to project from. Then i would get the AE900 any day. You can either have 100inches of highdef picture or 50inches from the plasma the plasma that would be eqaul in picture qaulity would also cost more then the projector. Currently after rebates a AE900 can be had for 1500$.

alsybub

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 09:34:00 AM »

I also have the 6 series pw 42. I don't know about the comparison to an AE900 but I do know that the picture quality on my plasma compared to any other LCD or plasma I have seen displaying a 360  is simply stunning in VGA and I assure you that I am a perfectionist when it comes to picture quality. Put simply I haven't found anything that comes close apart from a CRT and even panny pw series tend to be pretty damn close. Make sure you use VGA though. Component is nice but VGA wipes the floor with it.

Hope that helps.

Johnny Johnson

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 10:17:00 AM »

I've heard that the Sanyo PLV-Z4 is a very good projector, which kind of surprised me at first since their TV's seem to be subpar.  Here's a review of the projector, and I think you can get it for under $2,000.

http://www.projector...anyo_plv-z4.htm

xboxmodder4life

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 10:20:00 AM »

the AE900 is superior to the Z4 for more information go to http://www.avsforum....isplay.php?f=68

The AE900 is cheaper and i've read it gives a better qaulity picture then the Z4

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 10:25:00 AM »

he said he already has a plasma and a projector. obviosly the plasma is going to be a better picture, but if you going for size, go for the projector.  why dont you just try it on both, cant be that big of a deal...  dry.gif

mike_jacko

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 11:30:00 AM »

360 looks stunning on my panny 50px50u!!....i never cared for projectors or projection tv's

woofis

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 11:40:00 AM »

projectors will never have the picture quality a plasma will have. however projectors picture quality is not bad at all. especially in hd the picture quality can be stunning. i would definitly go with the projector. i have a 50 inch sony lcd and i have an infocus 4805 and i play on the 4805 alll the time.

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 11:47:00 AM »

Moving to 360 Audio/Video Chat...

gus738

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 06:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(alsybub @ Aug 28 2006, 08:41 AM) View Post
I also have the 6 series pw 42. I don't know about the comparison to an AE900 but I do know that the picture quality on my plasma compared to any other LCD or plasma I have seen displaying a 360 is simply stunning in VGA and I assure you that I am a perfectionist when it comes to picture quality. Put simply I haven't found anything that comes close apart from a CRT and even panny pw series tend to be pretty damn close. Make sure you use VGA though. Component is nice but VGA wipes the floor with it.

Hope that helps.

LIKE HE SAID , you want THE BEST QUALITY then get a CRT TUBE not rear projection crt   ....

crt tubes only down side is i belive you cant go further then 42 iches   i could be wrong ,  

eiter way you go get it from COSTCO  so in the case you get an *image burn* in on the plasma witch is going to happen due to its design  , you will have lifetime cash return warranty  at no extra cost to you except the product cost ...

i'v seen the 50'' hitachi plasma  for under 3 gs , and i saw a 50'' panasonic for under 2400 ... go check out costco too , they have as well projectofs with dlp technology  

truely the best is crt tube