xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Do I Record Footage? Vga  (Read 59 times)

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
How Do I Record Footage? Vga
« on: July 11, 2006, 09:41:00 AM »

you'd need a VGA INPUT to record on your PC.... unless you have 100s of dollars woth of video capture equipment in your PC the VGA port is output only.

not to mention if you'd spent 100s on VGA capture equipment I'd think you'd know it  rolleyes.gif

you'll need one of these if you want to capture using VGA
http://www.pixelsmart.com/vga.html

~$350

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 02:41:00 AM »

you question is kinda messed up, you said your 360 is running thru a crt monitor which is next to your pc monitor... by crt monitor do you mean.. A TV?  what outputs are you running into it?s-video, composite, component or vga? if you are running composite you could buy a video spltter and a capture card for your pc.  give us a few more details on what you are trying to accomplish.

paranoia4422

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 08:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(EA JaXxIn @ Jul 12 2006, 11:12 AM) View Post

I have 2 PC monitors, one for PC, one for 360.

Im running the 360 monitor on VGA.

If i got a video in card for my PC, could i plug straight into my PC, and play the game through my PC monitor, and still be able to capture?

Would the above loose quality? As VGA wuality atm is AMAZING! lol

Thanks mate!

For instance, would this be ok to capture with? And would I be able to play my games in HD on the PC monitor via this method still?

Thanks

Playing games through a capture card sounds incredibly laggy

You will only be able to take 480i screenshots with that card

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 09:49:00 AM »

you would not be able to use vga.  you would have to settle for basic 360 composite/s-video at best. your video quality is going to go down quite a bit. like the person before me said, 480i. if you are just going to do a few recording sessions it would be ok, but your going to always be lagging, hearing the sounds before the controls and events show up on the monitor, depending on how fast your pc is.

agent.x

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 03:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Jul 12 2006, 06:25 PM) View Post

you would not be able to use vga.  you would have to settle for basic 360 composite/s-video at best. your video quality is going to go down quite a bit. like the person before me said, 480i. if you are just going to do a few recording sessions it would be ok, but your going to always be lagging, hearing the sounds before the controls and events show up on the monitor, depending on how fast your pc is.

Hi, im using a XCM VGA Box that connects my console to a monitor through YPbPr.

http://www.xcm.cc/xc...80p_vga_box.htm

I would like to record gameplay but have no idea of how to do this. How would i do this using the xcm vga box. I want to record it to a laptop, its got a VGA out port. Please could you help. Would greatly appreciate it Thanks

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 10:24:00 PM »

You can't with a VGA box, and laptops only have video output, not input. You need to buy a TV tuner or a capture card. If you want 480p video (via component, never seen one that does VGA, at least not for a retail customer), then you'll probably be spending quite a bit of money. I know Leadtek makes a few cards that can do this.

agent.x

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 10:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(brandogg @ Nov 26 2008, 08:00 AM) View Post

You can't with a VGA box, and laptops only have video output, not input. You need to buy a TV tuner or a capture card. If you want 480p video (via component, never seen one that does VGA, at least not for a retail customer), then you'll probably be spending quite a bit of money. I know Leadtek makes a few cards that can do this.

Thanks rolleyes.gif .. i shall investigate further.