xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 360 And 15inch Flat Screen Tv  (Read 88 times)

dontasciime

• Archived User
360 And 15inch Flat Screen Tv
« on: April 17, 2006, 05:35:00 AM »

Anyone on here using a small portable tv with the standard cable you get with 360.

I just bought the 360 a couple of days ago and only got round to hooking it up late last night.
I got 2 games with it ghost recon advanced warfighter, only tried this game, first it wanted me to update firmware in it b4 it allowed me to play.
Anyways i know 15"" is a little small, in tv terms anyway, but my xbox displays ok on 15 and i prefer portable for it, but the 360 and in particular the ghost recon, which looks ok on tv using xbox, the 360 version is kinda wide screen, probs more letter boxed than wide screen and the text is so small its unreadable, i checked the video settings in 360 and is def set to 4:3 no letter etc, the cable is def set to TV, is this normal or is there also an option in the game to change the aspect ratio back to full screen kinda thing, similar to my normal xbox picture playing the same game.

I got a 21" tv flat screen which i will try with later to get some comparison, i hate big TV's , was thinking about getting vga cable from MS, but heard some bad things about it, but that maybe just for TFT, i hate them as well, so all my monitors are crt.

just looking for someone thats had theirs a while or tried it on numerous tv's etc to give an opinion, thanks