xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wavy Lines With Vga  (Read 81 times)

langlest

• Archived User
Wavy Lines With Vga
« on: April 10, 2006, 04:16:00 PM »

when ever i play my Xbox360 on my PC monitor i get wavy curved lines on the screen ,they are only noticable in bright areas e.g. the 360 logo but id still like to remove them if i can, i know that my monitor can handle the resolution&refresh rate because i tried it with my pc & the lines were not there

im useing the Game VGA Cable with a gender changer, i couldnt find the official one

Sloppy Fat Dump

• Archived User
Wavy Lines With Vga
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 06:56:00 PM »

Look into your actual connector.  A while ago I had a similar problem because shit got stuck up in the pin connections.

If that doesn't solve it I would definetly contact your manufacturer, MadCatz in dpg10's case, about the problem.  I bet they'd send you another for free.  Assuming that your cord is defective.

DaForce

• Archived User
Wavy Lines With Vga
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 12:38:00 AM »

MS VGA cable here connected via a 10m VGA cable to a 22" crt.

No problems at all.

balmerch

• Archived User
Wavy Lines With Vga
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 03:43:00 PM »

Wavy lines are caused by either A: a poor quality cable or B: damaged pins on the cable. Either way, replace the cable.

MadPerry

• Archived User
Wavy Lines With Vga
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 04:14:00 PM »

a poor quality cable may not be shielded, or shielded enough to block out electrical interference from other cables.  do you have a pile of overlapping cables where the vga cable is going?