xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Possibility Of Xbox1 -> 360 Audio/video Adapter?  (Read 99 times)

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Possibility Of Xbox1 -> 360 Audio/video Adapter?
« on: November 03, 2005, 08:09:00 AM »

You're are correct in that the sticky says they're not compatible because they have different plugs...

You could build an adapter and theoretically the pins would all map directly...

However the difficult part is finding an Xbox AV port that you could map the pins to, as well as an Xbox 360 AV plug to insert into your Xbox360...

The price you'd pay hacking up an Xbox360 AV cable with all the pins you needed and hacking up an Xbox mobo for the connector you could probably just buy whatever cable you needed for the Xbox 360...

Not to mention we're not entierly sure if there is any sort of security on the AV port (it's not likely but it is possible). Which would add a whole extra level of complexity and cost to something like that.

I don't see an adapter getting made by anyone 3rd parties and modders included. The cost involved is as much or greater than simply buying the cable you need and the Xbox cables weren't that great to begin with... I'm not exactly sure why you'd want to use them.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 09:26:00 AM »

I see why now...

That's why you don't buy devices with generic functions (Component to VGA conversion) that lock you down to a specific product you can use it with (the Xbox).

Regardless the official Xbox360 VGA cable will provide a FAR superior picture to anything your X2VGA could put out.

The reason is the Xbox360 will natively support VGA while the X2VGA converts it from a Component Video signal.

It would be like converting the S-Video output of your PC back into VGA to display on your monitor... Sure you could do it but it would probably look like crap compared to just using a VGA cable.

The VGA cable is only $40, you could always fore-go an extra controller, or get one game less...

tyraen

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 07:39:00 PM »

Haha, alright, I hear ya, although I might argue that the X2VGA is indistinguishable from the VGA pumping straight from my computer's video card. ;D

Anyways, thanks for your thoughts.
Nick