xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: So No Rgb Output In The 399,-  (Read 103 times)

OcnewB

• Archived User
So No Rgb Output In The 399,-
« on: September 02, 2005, 01:42:00 AM »

So as most people in europe I still have no high def television. Strangely MS is selling HDTV cables with ethe premium bundle. As can be read on the homepage, RGB cables will have to be bought seperately. What a Rip-Off. But my question is actually, will these RGB scart cables also have the optical sound output like the advanced scart cables found momentarily in europe (Advanced Scart Cable XboX1 for RGB and 5.1 Sound output via optical cable)?

That was the question, now on with some moaning.

I know the highdef cable does have it, but does the RGB scart cable also have it?
And besides that if i want to play on my 19 inch tft for high def i also need to buy the xbox360 cable with on the other end vga output.
Jesus, what the hell do i need the HD cables for. I think 99% in europe dont even own or are gonna buy a HD tv within a couple of years.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 06:38:00 AM »

I believe that all cables with the exception of the standard-def (composite) cable will include an optical audio output.

This is based on various pictures of the different cables floating around the internet.

Also this is what MS did in the current gen and it would make sense for them to carry it on into the next gen.

OcnewB

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 06:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Sep 2 2005, 02:49 PM)
I believe that all cables with the exception of the standard-def (composite) cable will include an optical audio output.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 07:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(OcnewB @ Sep 2 2005, 09:53 AM)
I think 99% in europe dont even own or are gonna buy a HD tv within a couple of years.

fahrenheit

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 07:55:00 PM »

^ Well Phonic Monkey, you may be able to settle for less, but why should any self respecting gamer with an RGB SCART capable display, settle for the grossly inferior composite connection, simply because they have not upgraded to HD? Especially in light of the fact that we have been enjoying RGB SCART for years.
I currently enjoy RGB SCART with my PS2, Xbox and Cube, should I downgrade to composite when the 360 arrives?

I'm not so worrieed about having to buy an RGB SCART cable, of more concern, I'd just like to know one even exists? So far I have not seen any signs of a first or third-party cable.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 08:47:00 PM »

Xbox 360 S-Video AV Cable (U.S. only) Xbox 360 SCART AV Cable (Europe only). This versatile cable works for both high-definition and standard-definition TVs that use S-Video or composite video inputs. It provides optimal audio and video signal transfer (estimated retail price $29.99 U.S./€24.99/£17.99*).

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 04:46:00 AM »

I believe there are both...

I've yet to see a picture of it but I've seen a picture of the included component and composite adapter with the premium and core packages respectively including SCART adapters...

so I would imagine it's a unique cable, not just an adapter.

Avenger 2.0

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 09:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(chilin_dude @ Sep 2 2005, 03:21 PM)
Major exageration, now most TVS are HDTV in England, in 3 years it will probably be a lot higher than you say, probably 15% minimum.