xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Thaw Achievements  (Read 720 times)

gcskate27

• Archived User
Thaw Achievements
« on: February 15, 2006, 03:31:00 PM »

what exactly is meant by 'record at vans park' and others? ive got high scores in them all, but no achievement showing so... have to be online or what?

thanks

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Thaw Achievements
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 04:06:00 PM »

in the main menu you have to select "free skate/high score mode"

Once you're in the level you need to pause it and select "start a high score run" and it will start a 2:00 minute timer for you to set your high score.

That names might not be completely correct because I'm going from memory but that's the gist of it.

I should also note that this is the best mode to get all the gaps (with the exception of 4 gaps in the Skate ranch that are removed in free-skate mode for some reason).

beerchug.gif

tonloc79

• Archived User
Thaw Achievements
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 08:40:00 PM »

EASIEST...........................ACHIEVEMENTS..................................EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gcskate27

• Archived User
Thaw Achievements
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 10:52:00 PM »

bullshit, 100% complete vs anything ea/king kong? dr pepper?  pop.gif

thanks twisted... beerchug.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Thaw Achievements
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 06:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(tonloc79 @ Feb 15 2006, 10:47 PM) View Post

EASIEST...........................ACHIEVEMENTS..................................EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you go get that last 100GP then and get back to me on how easy it was.  tongue.gif

wasting

• Archived User
Thaw Achievements
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 06:48:00 AM »

Or get them all and then have it not unlock for you  mad.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Thaw Achievements
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 07:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(wasting @ Feb 16 2006, 08:55 AM) View Post

Or get them all and then have it not unlock for you  mad.gif

Still not able to get it huh  sad.gif

did you got and start a new game as soon as you got all the gaps? Maybe it didn't save the last few gaps you got? (free skate mode doesn't ask you to save when you exit, you have to remember to do it manually)

maybe it didn't save a high score, so you got the achievement but the save game doesn't have it marked off?

I've heard of that happening with other games, you get the achievement and forget to save, the achievement has already been unlocked but the save game doesn't have it on record as being completed yet. For instance there was some guy in the condemned thread who went through all the levels collecting the birds. once he'd collected the birds in a level, it would give him the achievement and he would exit, but it didn't actually save it progress if he didn't complete the level, so he had received all the individual level bird achievements but not the whole game bird achievements.

wasting

• Archived User
Thaw Achievements
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 08:05:00 AM »

I save almost every 10 minutes even if I didn't get a gap.  I went to the progress screen, I have story normal complete and classic normal complete and all the gaps are also listed there, all acounted for.  I guess I'll have to go beat easy and sick story/classic.. not really looking forward to it with all the new games coming out soon though.   sleep.gif

tonloc79

• Archived User
Thaw Achievements
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 08:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(tonloc79 @ Feb 16 2006, 04:47 AM) View Post

I was talking about the "Record for XX" acievements not all of em! Isnt that what the thread was talking about? Why would i mean all of them when i dont even have all of them? The gaps one alone is rediculous! You guys just start blasting without cause, damn!

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Thaw Achievements
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(tonloc79 @ Feb 16 2006, 10:50 AM) View Post

I was talking about the "Record for XX" acievements not all of em! Isnt that what the thread was talking about? Why would i mean all of them when i dont even have all of them? The gaps one alone is rediculous! You guys just start blasting without cause, damn!

i see, i see

though the LIVE achievments I think are even easier then the High Score ones.

once you've got all the levels unlocked host a live game and allow only 1 other player, start a level, wait for the achievment, exit and start another level, wait for the achievment, repeat...  laugh.gif

tonloc79

• Archived User
Thaw Achievements
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2006, 12:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Feb 16 2006, 07:03 PM) View Post

i see, i see

though the LIVE achievments I think are even easier then the High Score ones.

once you've got all the levels unlocked host a live game and allow only 1 other player, start a level, wait for the achievment, exit and start another level, wait for the achievment, repeat...  laugh.gif

Yeah those are even easier, thats how i got em too!