xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sc4: Double Agent  (Read 446 times)

TheRealStJimmy

• Archived User
Sc4: Double Agent
« on: May 12, 2006, 11:59:00 AM »

have i missed it or is double agent not bein hyped at all, at least on x-s?
i would have thought going by the rather impressive (alright yes, i no its CG but good none-the-less) promo videos/screens that it would have a few more people talkin about it. not to mention the success of the previous releases.
ive been with Sam since day one and am soo looking forward to this title, SC has always been known for its lighting and atmosphere, at least in the beginning...can they really use the 360's power to immerse us even more?

anyone else or am i sittin in a corner mumbling to myself on this one?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Rubix42

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 12:18:00 PM »

I think the lack of hype comes from the 3 previous titles being basically the same gameplay.  Fans of the series know this game will be good, and will purchase it.  Otherwise, it is just business as usual, a new year, a new SC.  

I am pumped about it though, but more excited for the fresh new games coming, such as Prey, Gears, Too HUman, etc.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 12:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rubix42 @ May 12 2006, 01:49 PM) View Post

I think the lack of hype comes from the 3 previous titles being basically the same gameplay.  Fans of the series know this game will be good, and will purchase it.  Otherwise, it is just business as usual, a new year, a new SC.  

I am pumped about it though, but more excited for the fresh new games coming, such as Prey, Gears, Too HUman, etc.

Couldnt have worded it better beerchug.gif

and there is real gameplay out there and it looks awesome.

found some..

http://media.xbox360...174/vids_1.html

Rubix42

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 12:10:00 PM »

I just can't wait to be able to make some choices.  That has always been one of my biggest letdowns in the series, is the lack of choice.  

Some levels feature alternative paths, but it pretty scripted.  I'm hoping for a good boost to the AI and being able to go A-Wol on the NSA.  . . ph34r.gif

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 12:47:00 PM »

yeah... SC has never been real big on xbox scene... i give this thread an hour before it hits the next page and is never seen again... but better believe ill have it day one... limted edition if available and playing online like a crazy addict.... just wait, youll see.

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 12:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rubix42 @ May 12 2006, 01:49 PM) View Post

you can say that about any series and yet people still go nuts over MGS  rolleyes.gif

i think the lack of hype is for the fact that unlike when the first splinter cell rolled out, there are many other games to take the spot light.  im not saying that splinter cell doesnt deserve it but it just has more competition from fresher games.  other then halo 3, the majority of games being discussed/hyped here are new games that we have yet to experience.  also just like rubix pointed out, a lot of what we know about seems to be the good ol' splinter cell.  nothing wrong with that but not something that really needs hype as it has proven itself before many times.  no doubt that the game will rock and i will be picking it up on release day.  

while talking about this game, anyone notice how sam's voice is different?  i really hope that they bring back michael ironside (or whatever the actors name is) to do the voice again, it wouldnt be sam without it, that voice is part of what makes up his persona

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 12:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ May 12 2006, 02:18 PM) View Post

while talking about this game, anyone notice how sam's voice is different?  i really hope that they bring back michael ironside (or whatever the actors name is) to do the voice again, it wouldnt be sam without it, that voice is part of what makes up his persona

Its back, its in one of the videos. Its muffled but its Michael.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 12:33:00 PM »

oh I'm hyped for this title... the behind the scenes E3 video was really good...

I was skeptical about the whole "double agent" concept but after watching that video I think this'll be the best SC yet.

Also the trailer, it's pretty obvious that some of it is just CG and some of it is actual game footage, is it just me or did most of the actual game footage look WAY better then the pre-rendered CG stuff  blink.gif

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 01:21:00 PM »

theres an extreme lack of info on the multiplayer aside from it being 3v3 at this time... id really like to see some new gadgets, what modes are available, what maps are going to be brought back, and any other information....

i hope it goes back to the pandora style multiplayer, even though i play chaos theory multi all the time, i always wish people still played pandora becuase it was a much better mutliplayer game.

This post has been edited by ILLusions0fGrander: May 12 2006, 08:21 PM

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 12:49:00 PM »

I want an engaging single player experience, I despise versus modes in Splinter Cells. Coop was great but another 15 maps would have been nice.

The inclusion of the "double agent" aspect will make for a great single player adventure beerchug.gif

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 01:07:00 PM »

I chalked it up to my theory of "if aint playable at e3, it aint worth talking about". That seems to be the trend this year but apparantly it was playable so.......... ph34r.gif

I chalked it up to my theory of "if aint playable at e3, it aint worth talking about". That seems to be the trend this year but apparantly it was playable so.......... ph34r.gif

p.s. I know MGS wasn't playable and its still being hyped but as anything from that series every been playable? wink.gif

Even if you own the game its still not playable!

Lpk32187

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 02:00:00 PM »

SC is one of those games that have failed to let me down on any occasion. I don't even have to be hyped about it or skeptical because I know that it will be quality just like the rest in the series.

miggidy

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2006, 02:33:00 PM »

What lack of hype?
I can say that just about every great game (excluding the obvious H3 & GOW) shown at E3.

I think the problem is that too many great titles were unveiled at once at E3.
But I'm not complaining at all (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
I'm just saying that you don't hear people talking much about any particular games because they're still trying to absorb everything shown at E3.

QUOTE(Lpk32187 @ May 12 2006, 08:31 PM) *

SC is one of those games that have failed to let me down on any occasion. I don't even have to be hyped about it or skeptical because I know that it will be quality just like the rest in the series.

Amen to that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I love the SplinterCell series (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pop.gif)

This post has been edited by miggidy: May 12 2006, 09:36 PM

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2006, 03:19:00 PM »

Personally I was really excited for SC4 coming up to E3.  Then I saw the new trailer that was released and felt a little let down.  What was being claimed as "in-game" footage appears now to only be "from-game CGI", and the actual gameplay, while still good looking, is nowhere's near what I was being led to believe.  It honestly looks like a darker version of GRAW.  I'm still looking forward to it, and I'll almost positively buy it... but I'm not as hyped up as much as I was before I saw the trailer.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2006, 02:58:00 PM »

you know damn well it will look 100x better on your tv compared to a camcorder taping on a showfloor.

I think 1 or 2 of the gameplay vids show off excellent detail. I'll take any splinter cell, as long as theres more than 1 path(unlike pandora), and its in HD. It could use the SC 1 engine and Id still be all over this. Nothing wrong with a game that looks like a "darker recon" in my opinion smile.gif

Pages: [1] 2