xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Graw Total Lockup - Cannot Start Game Anymore  (Read 303 times)

GLiTcH

• Archived User
Graw Total Lockup - Cannot Start Game Anymore
« on: April 30, 2006, 06:15:00 AM »

is that the castle stage? that happened to me then my 360 died ph34r.gif

GLiTcH

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 07:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(Escalade57 @ Apr 30 2006, 07:25 AM) View Post

that's shortly after you rescue the mexican president and have to destroy an intercepting convoy. graw is the only game i have so far and i own the console for only 3 days now, so it's BRAND NEW. i am so pissed!!!

mine too.. thats why i took it back.. keep hd n replaced everything else.. i get the random red light but once i reboot it loads fine dry.gif  blink.gif

loserkid182

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 04:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(Escalade57 @ Apr 30 2006, 12:05 PM) View Post

I'm having a serious problem with my GRAW: Somewhere in the third mission i died and the console freezed shortly after. So i had to shutdown and powerup my xbox360 and entered the game again. but the game now freezes on the loading screen after the main menu, where you can choose between campaign, multiplayer or instant action. it doesn't matter if i enter multiplayer or campaign or instant action, the game just stops in the loading screen after that. i tried deleting my player profile, but the game still hangs. what can i do?  sad.gif
help is greatly appreciated!

Have you tried playing (new game) with the HDD removed, that's what support ask you to do if you have a prob.

If you can get past the Campaign, Multiplayer, Instant Action menu then, give MS a call and get your hdd swapped.

ikecomp

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 08:20:00 AM »

My 360 froze when I was on the turot gun on the castle stage but once I restarted, everything was fine

Escalade57

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 07:37:00 AM »

no, it freezes even without the hdd attached to the console. i'll return it to where i bought it tomorrow and exchange it for a new one.

Escalade57

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 02:14:00 AM »

i phoned the xbox support yesterday and they told me the error is coming from the date/time setting of the console set wrong. whenever you disconnect the console from power, it looses it's date and time setting and switches it to some time and date in 2005 when you power it on again. i only set the date once after i switched the console on for the first time. i then played graw and after that, unplugged the console to move it to another place. there i did not set the date/time again but played graw - that's when it the game crashed.

Support says that some games (including graw) have that error. they put temp files on the hdd and recognize and select them somehow only by the date (that is soooooo stupid and lame!!!) and cause the cpu to enter an continuous loop-of-death, which causes the console to crash.

Now, since my console is brand new, i'll exchange it at my local retailer for a new one and hopefully NEVER EVER FORGET TO CHECK THE DATE AND TIME before i play graw!  grr.gif

cya
Fabio aka Escalade

sp3cialk

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 02:25:00 PM »

So what you are saying is there is a clock loop with an unmodded box... haha... sorry struck me funny because of the dreaded clock loop back in the early stages of softmodding the original xbox...  blink.gif

Escalade57

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 01:07:00 AM »

i'm keeping this thread updated just in case someone has the same problem and finds this thread:

i got my graw exchanged for a new one yesterday and guess what, now it works fine. so the problem seems to be a faulty game disc  huh.gif i never hat a bad disc before, but with the new one i don't have any problems (as long as i check that date/time are set correctly i think). problem solved!
 rolleyes.gif

aurs

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 06:18:00 AM »

I had a strange problem with GRAW. When I tried to play multiplayer, the dvd would stop spinning after a few seconds of loading, and the loading was VERY slow. When or if i got into the game, weird things were happening. For starters, my map was pink. When i tried to "move around" in the map, it got pink squares in some kind of chess pattern.

And I could not see explotions from grenades, or the smoke from smoke grenades. Nosmoke cheat!

I took the disc back to my retailer, and today I'm getting it back with some kind of instructions from ubisoft on how to fix this issue.. I'll update you guys on any progress wink.gif

Aurs

aurs

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 08:40:00 AM »

Retailer gave me a link to www.support.ubi.com and the phone number to the ubi support... bah. That did not help me much. Have to wait until tomorrow to call them. Pretty sure that I have a broken dvd disc...

Aurs