xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Playing 8 Hrs Straight  (Read 445 times)

GLiTcH

• Archived User
Playing 8 Hrs Straight
« on: April 26, 2006, 10:42:00 PM »

Committed (Multiplayer)

Play for 8 hours straight in multiplayer

:

will i unlock this if i have multiplayer set to local play or does it has to be on xbl?

deacon187

• Archived User
Playing 8 Hrs Straight
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 06:35:00 AM »

i think so but im  not 100%,i played online for about 6 hours and couldnt hang for the other 2 so i just created a private room on live, set status to appear offline, set up 2 player split screen with 2 controllers, 5 min matches and auto start to 30 secends and and went to bed and when i woke up i had the 8 hour achievement

CattyKid

• Archived User
Playing 8 Hrs Straight
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 09:54:00 PM »

Wow, that is a LOT of GRAW, 8 hours...

That's what weekends are for  tongue.gif .

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
Playing 8 Hrs Straight
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 09:37:00 AM »

Thats kind of funny they have an achievement that you have to play 8 hours for, especially when in the console manaul it probably has something about how you shouldn't leave the console on for more than X number of hours. I haven't looked at my 360 manaul, but if I remember all the consoles of the past recommend not to leave the console on for more than one hour.

spinr34

• Archived User
Playing 8 Hrs Straight
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 12:28:00 PM »

you sure it's you shouldn't play for more than 1hr straight?  i've read a lot of my manuals but i never remember seeing something about leaving it on.  if there is something about leaving it on i'd be kinda disappointed sad.gif

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
Playing 8 Hrs Straight
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 04:03:00 PM »

you sure it's you shouldn't play for more than 1hr straight? i've read a lot of my manuals but i never remember seeing something about leaving it on. if there is something about leaving it on i'd be kinda disappointed sad.gif

Yeah, I checked out the XBOX 1 and 360 manuals, neither mention that. The XBOX 1 manual has a line that says "do not leave the consol unattended for several hours", but nothing about how long the console should be on. I know I remember seeing it in older manuals though. Anyhow, I think the only reason that companies put that in there is that they didn't want people playing them hours on end and then dying from overheating before the warranty is up. I know for sure though that one manual did say not to use the consol for more than 1 hour at a time, cause I remember thinking "wow, I don't know anybody who has never played there system for more than one hour".

8 hours of GRAW (or any other game) is a pretty hard achievement.

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Playing 8 Hrs Straight
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 05:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(cerealkillajme @ Apr 29 2006, 08:10 AM) View Post

8 hours of GRAW (or any other game) is a pretty hard achievement.

not if you do what deacon187 did. thats what ill eb doing when i get the game  biggrin.gif

GLiTcH

• Archived User
Playing 8 Hrs Straight
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 06:17:00 AM »

yup, you have to be on xbl in order to unlock it... wierd cause i was playing local play n got the 30 kills b4 i died n it unlocked.... but 8 hrs doesnt work... i left it all nite dry.gif

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Playing 8 Hrs Straight
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 01:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(SniperElite25 @ May 5 2006, 07:15 AM) View Post

im not so sure bout that..i havnt got commited yet but all my multiplayer acheivments was done usin split local play

yeah but i think someone said above that this one has to be done on xbox live, but all others dont have to be. im not 100% sure myself

Christopher387A

• Archived User
Playing 8 Hrs Straight
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 08:12:00 AM »

It doesn't have to be done on XBOX Live. I don't have XBOX Live and I've got it. I just set it to reset a game every 30 seconds and set the play time to 60 minutes when I woke up one day. A little over 8 hours later, it popped up "Committed" and I earned it. It won't be exactly 8 hours because you'll be in the dashboard resetting the games for 30 seconds each time though.

I wish I didn't live in a town of 1000 people so I could get DSL/Cable and get XBOX Live sad.gif

esc1

• Archived User
Playing 8 Hrs Straight
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 03:57:00 PM »

I just used that method last night but it was on Live and a private game.  Funny I woke up almost exatly 8 hours after and a minute after I turned on the tv there was the achievement.   laugh.gif

I wonder how many people got this by actually falling asleep while playing.

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Playing 8 Hrs Straight
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 11:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(esc1 @ May 6 2006, 08:04 AM) View Post

I wonder how many people got this by actually falling asleep while playing.

lol. thats sad, but the sader thing would be that there would be someone who has done it

deacon187

• Archived User
Playing 8 Hrs Straight
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2006, 07:33:00 PM »

i just realized you should set the matches to 5 min with 30 sec auto start, log into live and make a private room and appear offline, reason i say set it to 5 min( it might take another hour or 2 to get the 8 hour achievement beacuse its more time inthe lobby) but youll rack up way more hosted matches that would count towards the 1000 matches hosted achievement and get the 8 hour achievement along the way

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Playing 8 Hrs Straight
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2006, 09:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(deacon187 @ May 7 2006, 11:40 AM) View Post

i just realized you should set the matches to 5 min with 30 sec auto start, log into live and make a private room and appear offline, reason i say set it to 5 min( it might take another hour or 2 to get the 8 hour achievement beacuse its more time inthe lobby) but youll rack up way more hosted matches that would count towards the 1000 matches hosted achievement and get the 8 hour achievement along the way

your a thinker. that would be a great way of getting both of the achievements.

~jeff~

• Archived User
Playing 8 Hrs Straight
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 11:45:00 PM »

What would happen if you did the whole leaving it going while you sleep trick. and you used wireless controllers?
Would the controllers turn off due to inactivity and give you that gay" please reconnect the ocntroller" stuff,
and would that effect getting the achievment?

~jeff~
Pages: [1] 2