xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Graw Shortage As Predicted!  (Read 599 times)

KAGE360

• Archived User
Graw Shortage As Predicted!
« on: March 08, 2006, 09:31:00 AM »

i wouldnt believe it.  i can promise you that anyone can find the game easily enough.  it may be sold out here and there but its not a shortage unless its really HARD to find which it wont be.

Rubix42

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 09:35:00 AM »

Well I can't speak for the whole country, but I did not preorder, and just picked up one of 5 extra copies they had at my local EB.

shamsulaswad

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 09:40:00 AM »

yeah, my EB also said that of all the 26 copies that they are getting, 21 of them are pre-ordered, including mine.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 09:46:00 AM »

When I called yesterday to see if it was in, he said they are getting 26 copies and 24 of those are preordered. 2 other EB's told me the same last week, but I cant see why theyd run such a limited # of them. Im sure you can walk into a store and nab one. They just love to get customers to rush into their store.

drummin82

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 09:47:00 AM »

Yea, I got mine a couple of hours ago. I got there at the same time that ups delivered them in. The manager wasn't sure if I would be able to get one, so I had to wait until he counted them out for his pre-orders, and I ended up getting one of the 2 that he had left. I still don't htink it will be a shortage issue though. You might have to look around, but you should be able to find one.

esc1

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 10:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(Rubix42 @ Mar 8 2006, 11:42 AM) View Post

Well I can't speak for the whole country, but I did not preorder, and just picked up one of 5 extra copies they had at my local EB.

Well I hope they are for your friends and not resale.   rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(miggidy @ Mar 8 2006, 11:49 AM) View Post

Not the case with my local Gamestop.
I went there yesterday (the game releases today) and traded in PDZ for a reservation towards GRAW.
It looks like they have plenty of copies since I was able to reserve one at the last minute....

Are you sure that means you will get one in the first shiptment?

sp3cialk

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 10:31:00 AM »

They must be limiting quantites because they know how many similtaneous players they can have on at a given time and don't want people complaing about lag...LOL ... just kidding... maybe they are following in MS footsteps with the launch itself... good call...  dry.gif     who knows why the industry does anything they do??? Media should be overwheled since they can press millions of discs with the blink of an eye....

Adam6

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 10:32:00 AM »

If your in the UK check out here http://www.play.com/...60&title=659422

Its still in stock atm.

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 10:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Mar 8 2006, 11:53 AM) View Post

When I called yesterday to see if it was in, he said they are getting 26 copies and 24 of those are preordered. 2 other EB's told me the same last week, but I cant see why theyd run such a limited # of them. Im sure you can walk into a store and nab one. They just love to get customers to rush into their store.

exactly, the reason that most places will push for you to pre-order it, is because then that guarantees them the sale.  

like the posts have shown there isnt actual known "shortage" of the game, just the fact that its selling well.

Altima NEO

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 10:50:00 AM »

I hate going to EB these days. Every time I walk in they ask me if I have any trade ins. And as Im purchasing something they always try to force me to pre order something. GUAH!!

davemire

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »

Well I am going to stop by after work (5 o'clock) and see what's available. Futureshop shows them as not in stock but I am sure they'll be there. I have some ps2 games I am going to trade in for whatever they'll give. I don't think I will have a problem getting it, we'll see.

jfoster

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 11:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Mar 8 2006, 11:38 AM) View Post

i wouldnt believe it.  i can promise you that anyone can find the game easily enough.  it may be sold out here and there but its not a shortage unless its really HARD to find which it wont be.

Just to report in:  3 local EBs sold out in 1 hour.  My CC got 6 in, which I got one of.  So, it really is looking like a potential shortage.

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 11:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(jfoster @ Mar 8 2006, 01:12 PM) View Post

Just to report in:  3 local EBs sold out in 1 hour.  My CC got 6 in, which I got one of.  So, it really is looking like a potential shortage.

i understand it may be harder to find in some areas where previous demand wasnt high enough to warrent a large volume of games being shipped but just because some places sell out doesnt mean there is a shortage.  to me a shortage is like what has happened with the 360, cant find it anywhere.  what this sounds like to me is the game is just selling really really good.  unlike consoles, games can be restocked a lot faster so whatever "shortage" that could be present will be quickly fixed.  i honestly find it hard to believe that anyone can not in any ways find a copy in their town or city.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2006, 11:29:00 AM »

Mines in, headed up there now

need to make some fresh  pop.gif  for the festivities

jfoster

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2006, 11:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Mar 8 2006, 01:20 PM) View Post

i understand it may be harder to find in some areas where previous demand wasnt high enough to warrent a large volume of games being shipped but just because some places sell out doesnt mean there is a shortage.  to me a shortage is like what has happened with the 360, cant find it anywhere.  what this sounds like to me is the game is just selling really really good.  unlike consoles, games can be restocked a lot faster so whatever "shortage" that could be present will be quickly fixed.  i honestly find it hard to believe that anyone can not in any ways find a copy in their town or city.

That would surprise me too, but I did pick mine up in Tampa, FL - not exactly BFE, if you know what I mean...I could see Raymond James Stadium from the parking lot.

I agree that they will be able to restock quickly, but I bet by this evening or tomorrow evening, there will be a shortage....for a day or so smile.gif  The fact that Circuit City only got 6 in should say something. When DOA came out, they had more than I could count.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4