xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Graw In Stores Tomorrow!  (Read 856 times)

tonloc79

• Archived User
Graw In Stores Tomorrow!
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2006, 08:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Mar 8 2006, 04:41 AM) View Post

I cant speak for others but maybe because the person I know well at EB said they were getting it in?

I specifically mentioned the ship date was tuesday, making the in-store date wednesday, and that someone down there was getting the 2 confused, and was still told its arriving on their Tuesday morning truck.

Hope the guy you know down there isnt close to you because we all know the IQ qualifications for getting hired at EB is non existant!(that insult was directed towards him, not you BTW!)

unrealskill

• Archived User
Graw In Stores Tomorrow!
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2006, 09:01:00 PM »

w000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Just got a call from eb from a computer saying i can pick it up tomrrow(wendsday)im soo happy all readdy paid it off and every thing also paid off oblivion why i was there cant wait for this shit to play.

Deftech

• Archived User
Graw In Stores Tomorrow!
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2006, 09:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(tonloc79 @ Mar 7 2006, 10:50 PM) View Post

Hope the guy you know down there isnt close to you because we all know the IQ qualifications for getting hired at EB is non existant!(that insult was directed towards him, not you BTW!)

I know him well and hes not your average dumbass, thats the only reason i took his word for it. Other than that, if youve read my posts in the past, youll know Im a strong advocate against believing anything game store employees say  smile.gif

tonloc79

• Archived User
Graw In Stores Tomorrow!
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2006, 10:35:00 PM »

I hear you man, its all good! Tomarrow itll be all worth it!

gordita37

• Archived User
Graw In Stores Tomorrow!
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2006, 10:36:00 PM »

Deftech.. why burger king.. WHY!!!

Deftech

• Archived User
Graw In Stores Tomorrow!
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2006, 11:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(gordita37 @ Mar 8 2006, 12:43 AM) View Post

Deftech.. why burger king.. WHY!!!

you ask this now?

check the "boycott BK because they advertise in Fight Night" thread, lol

and anyone that pisses on Kutaragi is good in my book! Go King!

Now I want a whopper!

gordita37

• Archived User
Graw In Stores Tomorrow!
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2006, 12:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Mar 8 2006, 07:36 AM) View Post

you ask this now?

check the "boycott BK because they advertise in Fight Night" thread, lol

and anyone that pisses on Kutaragi is good in my book! Go King!

Now I want a whopper!

Yeah I just kind of had an outburst. I was so used to seeing you're GOW picture then every you had was now burger king. Just after playing some fight night. I love burger king food but the picture is soo.. damn... annnoyyyiinngg tongue.gif

davemire

• Archived User
Graw In Stores Tomorrow!
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2006, 05:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(unclepauly @ Mar 8 2006, 12:19 AM) View Post

This game better not run like doodoo...the gfx look halfway decent. Anybody know if they use 2 or 3 cores for this game?

It would be all three cores, just one thread. All first gen will suffer this until the dev kits get an update.

KAGE360

• Archived User
Graw In Stores Tomorrow!
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2006, 06:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(davemire @ Mar 8 2006, 08:01 AM) View Post

It would be all three cores, just one thread. All first gen will suffer this until the dev kits get an update.

how wrong you are.  M_hael has already said that even their last gen ports run on all 3 cores and more then one thread.  (10 virtual threads i believe).  its not about IF you use all the cores and threads, but HOW your game is programmed and built to use these cores and threads.

also BTW just because the 360 has 6 physical threads doesnt mean that a game doesnt run on more virtual threads.  just a little info for the uninformed.

This game better not run like doodoo...the gfx look halfway decent. Anybody know if they use 2 or 3 cores for this game?

the game looks more then great for a first gen game.  also it still has some restraints since it was once considered a launch title.  if this game came out a year from now and was started on final dev kits, it would look worlds apart.  just look at the new rainbow six pics running on the 360.

davemire

• Archived User
Graw In Stores Tomorrow!
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2006, 07:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Mar 8 2006, 05:44 AM) View Post

how wrong you are.  M_hael has already said that even their last gen ports run on all 3 cores and more then one thread.  (10 virtual threads i believe).  its not about IF you use all the cores and threads, but HOW your game is programmed and built to use these cores and threads.

As I had stated it would on all three cores. I wasn't aware that they have opened up the ability to use the other threads, the last I had heard it was only one physical thread for 1st gen.  And who the hell is 'M_heal'?

KAGE360

• Archived User
Graw In Stores Tomorrow!
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2006, 08:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(davemire @ Mar 8 2006, 10:04 AM) View Post

As I had stated it would on all three cores. I wasn't aware that they have opened up the ability to use the other threads, the last I had heard it was only one physical thread for 1st gen.  And who the hell is 'M_heal'?

what do you mean "they have opened up the ability to use the other threads"?  you think that MS is holding back the power of the 360 with their dev kits?  some 1st gen games may only use one physical thread but that is by their choice or lack of knowledge/experience to fully leverage the tiple core CPU.  i understand that you stated that they are working on all 3 cores but there is obviously more to it then just that.  M_hael is a developer who has worked on the 360, he works on the team that made both GUN and tony hawk.  

the whole all 1gen games only using one thread or one core was corrected a long time ago.  just figured i would pass the knowledge on to you is all.  happy gaming

davemire

• Archived User
Graw In Stores Tomorrow!
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2006, 08:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Mar 8 2006, 07:23 AM) View Post

what do you mean "they have opened up the ability to use the other threads"?  you think that MS is holding back the power of the 360 with their dev kits?  some 1st gen games may only use one physical thread but that is by their choice or lack of knowledge/experience to fully leverage the tiple core CPU.  i understand that you stated that they are working on all 3 cores but there is obviously more to it then just that.  M_hael is a developer who has worked on the 360, he works on the team that made both GUN and tony hawk.  

the whole all 1gen games only using one thread or one core was corrected a long time ago.  just figured i would pass the knowledge on to you is all.  happy gaming

What I had heard was that there was only one thread that could be easily accesible to the developers via the dev kit. Due to some outstanding circumstance. But that was a while ago I was reading that. Besides if that issue has been corrected, if it was even an issue, that's great. The games will certainly get better with time, now if they'd start work on Ninja Gaiden then we could really see where things are going.

Peace

yaazz

• Archived User
Graw In Stores Tomorrow!
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2006, 09:13:00 AM »

Umm, why would there be three cores and only one thread? It seems like it would just create overhead (but would be faster overall, just not as fast as it could be)if you tried to process a single thread with 3 separate processors.

Take this with a grain of salt as I have only really worked with single processor machines (albeit with multiple threads of processing), so I probably don't know what im talking about

shamsulaswad

• Archived User
Graw In Stores Tomorrow!
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2006, 09:17:00 AM »

Any of you guys know if GRAW will come in a limited edition version, same as the PD0? Some website in australia already listed them, and some come with a faceplate.

davemire

• Archived User
Graw In Stores Tomorrow!
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2006, 09:50:00 AM »

Has anyone got a copy yet. I know some of you were talking about checking this morning. Any luck?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6